The Owlery

Only when the night had approached fully, and all the other Slytherins took it upon themselves to turn away and head to bed, did it finally become your time to shine as you escaped the dorm and headed into the common room, slowly ensuring no one else was in the common room. Only when this was secure, you took out a piece of paper, a quill, and took a seat at the back table in which you used to sit with Blaise and Draco. And so, you began:

Dear Sirius,

I have spoken with Harry, and we have agreed to come and see you this weekend. We have some friends who we'll bring too. I am very excited to see you all again and see my textbooks. You're exceptional!

However, as for your final comment, I believe it's my duty to let you know that, unfortunately, Cedric and I have broken up. Don't panic - it was a mutual agreement. We were seeing each other less, and had little time for each other, and so concluded it'd be best to be apart. We ended on good terms, so do not worry. I am doing well too. I've a good friend to comfort me in times of need - they're also in Slytherin so it's easier to have them around. Yeah, I know what you're probably thinking: a Slytherin?! Yes, well, they're not so bad, I suppose, though I despise the majority of them. Also, would greatly appreciate it if you could make lasagne for when we arrive. Cheers.

[F/n] Potter <3

Satisfied with the written letter, you folded it and sought an envelope. And, as you were signing the letter, the common room door opened and inside wandered another insomniac who you spent too many nights with for your own good.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Draco called out immediately to you as he caught sight of you in the common room. Slowly, he approached you at the table until he was right beside you, looking down at you.

"Tell you what?" You asked, also standing at the table, putting the letter down onto the table and then facing him completely.

"You have dreams about him? You're connected mentally?"

"Oh, don't worry, he can't actually see you. I just wanted your dumb girlfriend to fuck off. Voldemort isn't yet aware of the fact that we're mentally connected."

"And if he does find out?"

"Well, then ... you heard Harry."

"Death or possession?"

You nodded.

"But, as I said, don't worry, he won't see you," you said with a faint, yet somewhat sombre, smile, turning away from him and back to the letter.

"What? No. I don't care if he sees me," Draco said in a low voice, "I'm worried about you, you stupid fuck."

For a moment, your heart stopped. To hear Draco be worried of you was a feeling that one could not compare, due to the rarity and atypicality of it, but you knew you enjoyed the sound and feeling of it.

"And what's this business with meeting Sirius Black? Why are you meeting him when he's a criminal?"

"He's my Godfather, actually," you cleared your throat. "And he's not a criminal. He's one of the best and kindest people to exist. He's helping us fight Voldemort."

"Us?"

"Me ... and some other people."

"It seems like you're living two lives," Draco pursed his lips, "and I can't tell which one is the secret one."

"Both of them. The side you're involved in is a secret, and so is the other one."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, going to lift his hand to brush your hair behind your ear, but quickly recollected himself and pulled his arm back, recognising the intimacy behind the act.