Day of Christmas Eve

Before you knew it, Christmas had come again. Christmas trees and beautiful decorations were all around Hogwarts, and it simply made the atmosphere all the more enjoyable and fun. You were Ginny's secret Santa. For a while, you were clueless as to what you ought to get her, but it clicked soon enough when you remembered one day you'd gone to Hogsmeade with her and she'd found herself a gorgeous dress, which unfortunately held a price to itself which exceeded her capabilities. You did indeed wrap her the present beautifully, and left a little note inside telling her how much you loved her. You felt satisfied with the gift, when you awoke on Christmas Eve. As soon as you awoke, you discovered the usual casualties of snow falling, piling even more on the ground, and you could not help grinning happily. Perhaps changing out of your pyjamas would have been a wise idea, but the general cold air prevented you from the wish of undressing, and so you made your way out of the dorm in your fluffy winter pyjamas, messy hair, and half asleep. The Slytherin common room was very bright with the whiteness from the snow outside peering in through the windows, and Slytherins were standing around with their friends, laughing and grinning, excited for Christmas and discussing their plans. Those who stayed, anyway. A part of you remained happy at the fact that Draco stayed. You did not know why he did, and you hadn't actually spoken to him in a week or so due to the business of the Christmas period, but you knew you still saw him around, and whenever he passed you he always flashed you a gentle look, which you always pretended you did not see.

You made your way out of the Slytherin common room with your slippers and trailed your way upwards to the ground floor of Hogwarts, whereupon you headed for the Great Hall, hoping to find breakfast ready and some friends. Inside was Harry with Ginny, Ron and the Weasley twins. None of them went home this year, due to the fact that Mr and Mrs Weasley informed them of their trip to Venice. On the Slytherin table you also caught sight of Draco, who looked at you immediately and could not prevent a smile from arising on his lips as soon as he saw your lack of care and arrival in your winter pyjamas. And so, approaching the Gryffindor table, you smiled happily.

"Too lazy to get ready or what?" Harry asked, looking at you.

"It's cold anyway and Christmas Eve. Don't know what you expect from me," you grinned, sitting beside him. "What you talking about?"

"You got your secret Santa present?" Fred asked.

"Indeed I do. You all got yours?"

"We do!" The twins shouted in unison.

"Yep," Harry, Ron and Ginny added.

"Hey, Potter," Blaise called out from the Slytherin table. "Come over."

You told the Gryffindors you would be back soon, and you thus headed to the Slytherin table, sitting opposite Blaise and Draco and looking at them with gentle smiles.

"What's up?"

"Your pyjamas," Blaise laughed. "Looking snazzy."

"Look at you with your muggle slang," you laughed.

"I've been practicing. I now know what nonce means."

"What does it mean!?" Draco called out.

"You." You and Blaise said in unison, and Draco only huffed and turned away, exasperated.

"Excited for Christmas?" Blaise asked you.

"She loves Christmas. Of course she will be," Draco filled in, replying before you could. For a moment, you looked at Draco surprised at his fast answer, but then you smiled faintly, realising that, over the time you'd spent with him, he really did begin to know and understand you. "I mean, I think so anyway," he added with an eye roll, acting disinterested.