The Sorting Hat

Time had ticked on fast enough. It was indeed confirmed strongly. You and Harry were, after all, wizards, as bizarre as it sounded. You, in fact, took it well easier than Harry, who continuously convinced himself he were only starring in a dream, for the idea of wizards appeared brutally ridiculous; yet, you believed his pessimistic and dark views of the matter were only a result of his wishing to not be disappointed, for the life of a wizard was undoubtedly more exciting and fun than the current life.

But the ticking of time meant that, as Hagrid had informed you, it was time to set off. Indeed, to the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as had been spoken of before: Hogwarts. Though the Dursleys refused to, Hagrid agreed to take you to King's Cross platform which he informed you would be where the Hogwarts express would be taking off. And yet, upon reaching the station, Hagrid informed you of the platform 9 3/4, and as you and Harry processed that something like that simply does not exist, Hagrid had disappeared, leaving the two of you utterly confused, frustrated, and now panicked.

"The fuck is platform 9 3/4?"

"There's platform 9," Harry looked around, "and ten. But 9 3/4?"

When a voice, not yours, not Harry's, spoke: "quick! Off to platform 9 3/4!"

Both you and Harry shot your eyes towards each other first, then towards the person whose voice it was, and discovered it to be a woman of pure ginger hair, urging on four boys, two of them twins, and a younger girl beside herself with hair just like her own.

"Excuse me," Harry walked up to the woman, "did you say platform 9 3/4?"

"Ah, yes, I did," she smiled, "Hogwarts students?"

"Yes, we actually are," Harry reached out his arm backwards and gestured for you to come closer, "I'm Harry and this is my younger sister [F/n]."

"It's lovely to meet you two! These are my boys, Fred and George, and Ron who's also starting just now. Then there's Percy, and Ginny, but she isn't starting yet."

"It's great to meet you all! I'm [F/n] Potter!"

And thus, all eyes shot towards you and Harry in an instance, and attention was completely on the two of you.

"[F/n] and Harry Potter!" One of the twins grinned to his other twin, "who would've thought?"

"About?" Harry asked.

"Let's hurry! You will be late!"

"But where?" Harry asked.

"See that pillar?" The boy called Ron pointed towards a pillar, "watch them."

And thus one twin, then the other, then the third boy all charged towards the pillar before running straight through it, jumping into nothingness and disappearing completely out of sight, leaving you and Harry dumbfounded and confused.

"It's easy, just run at it."

"What if I crack my head open?" You asked.

"You won't, dear," the woman said, smiling.

"Harry, go first," you urged him on, and, despite being wary and unsure of so, he lined himself up with the pillar and, after Ron inside, he followed and charged at the pillar, darting straight through it and once again into nothingness, and now it was time for you. Though petrified, you gulped, swallowed, and made your way to the pillar, waiting for an ultimate crash, but finding yourself to be on another platform, filled with people saying goodbyes, and indeed your brother and the gingers standing around, and finally a large black train with Hogwarts Express written upon it.

"So this is platform 9 3/4?" You asked.

"Yep!" One of the twins grinned before making his away towards the train, and eventually you and Harry did the same. The gingers said their goodbyes, and you were finally left with only the youngest boy, Ron, and Harry, when you found a compartment to sit in. You sat down beside Harry, opposite Ron, and the two boys got to talking whilst you watched outside your window of the train.