chapter 1- nightmares

Start from the beginning

Gray tried to sit up straight but the pain in his arm was too much to bear. He fell back on his pillow in defeat. At that point Juvia walked in. 'Ahhh Gray-sama!', she smiled. 'You're awake'.

Gray simply nodded while Juvia helped him so he could sit straight.

'Juvia made some soup for Gray-sama', she sat on the side of the bed. She filled a spoon full of the soup. Before she presented the spoon she blew so the soup wouldn't be too hot.

'Ahhh', she said, kindly ordering Gray to open up his mouth. He hesitantly opened his mouth, giving her the opportunity to feed him.

It's been like this for a couple of days. They went on a quest. It sounded easy enough. Defeat a monster who threatened a village, get the jewels and leave. The team existed of Levy, Gray and Juvia. If you are wondering why Levy went on this quest... there were rumours that the villagers were captured within runes.

Just in case the rumour was true, Gray asked Levy to join him on his quest. Gajeel wasn't the only one who could claim Levy when there was need of a script mage.

But of course Juvia wouldn't let him go on a quest alone with another woman so she joined/ stalked them.

During the fight with the monster (which looked like a giant troll), Gray got distracted when Juvia got hit by flying rubble. Her injuries were minor but he ran to her anyway. He wanted to make sure she safe. As a result he didn't see the giant troll attacking him. He tried to jump last minute but it was too late. The troll hit him mid-air sending him flying a few meters. After his fall he noticed several injuries. The worst injury was that both his arms were broken.

Juvia thought it was her fault since she yelped when the chunks of rubble hit her. She told everyone in the guild she was going to take care of him during his recovery... And if you are wondering about the villagers. Juvia got into her rage-mode and trapped the troll in a whirlpool of water. Almost drowning the creature. The rumour ended up false, the villagers weren't trapped by runes. The giant troll was enough to make them hide in the village. Levy did came in handy though. She was able to make bandages with her magic.

So here they were. Juvia presented him with another spoon of soup. 'Does it taste good Gray-sama?' she asked with a grin. She had the same grin plastered on her face since she entered his house. Gray opened his mouth so Juvia could feed him again. He hated that Juvia had to take care of him like this. He couldn't even lift the spoon without flinching in pain. The grin turned into a wide smile. 'Juvia is so happy Gray-sama loves her cooking'.

Gray could often hear her singing or humming songs while taking care of him, doing house chores or while cooking. In the beginning he longed for the peace that he was used to, but he got used to it. He was surprised to learn that Juvia could sing reasonably..... alright good.

'What do you want to do today?', Juvia asked.

'How about we go to the guild today? I bet everyone is worried', Gray said without making eye contact.

'Are you sure? How is Gray-sama feeling?', Juvia sounded worried.

'I'm fine', Gray moved his arms, trying to prove that the pain was gone. In fact it hurt, but he had to get out of the prison that was his bed.

'Then it's alright with Juvia', she smiled.

When Gray ate all the soup, Juvia took care of the dishes. While Juvia was cleaning, Gray tried to change into his clothes. He hated it when Juvia insisted on helping him change. He had to bite through the pain, but he was able to put on his pants. Closing the button was another story.

He heard Juvia walked towards the living room. 'Gray-sama, you shouldn't force yourself. Juvia is here to help'. She ran towards him.

'I told you I'm fine', Gray mumbled in an inside, annoyed voice.

Juvia didn't scold anymore. She picked up his shirt. Before Gray had a chance to refuse she helped his arms in the shirt before buttoning. When she reached the last button she noticed the button of his pants. They both started to blush. The feeling of embarrassment was too much for Gray. He quickly closed the button, flinching when a sharp pain shot through his arms.

Juvia said nothing, but she did look slightly disappointed.

She grabbed her bag and nodded.

They left Gray's house and walked towards Fairy Tail.

During their walk Juvia started to talk again. He couldn't even tell what she was talking about as she changed the subjects faster then you could imagine in all of her excitement.

Juvia opened the doors when they arrived at Fairy Tail. Several guild members walked towards Gray to greet him and ask him how he was feeling. One of them was Natsu. 'So the ice-princes couldn't even handle a simple monster?' he teased.

'Not even a hello, flame brain?', both mages head butted.

'Natsu!', Lucy yelled from a distance.

Her voice was enough for Natsu to back off. 'Make sure you heal fast', he grinned. 'I want to beat you again'.

'You... beat me?', Gray asked.

'That monster wouldn't stand a chance against me', Natsu said while keeping his grin, still teasing his rival and friend. With that note he left Gray and walked towards Happy.

Gray sighed. That's when he saw familiar red hair. He walked towards the requip-mage.

'Oi Erza', Gray spoke.

'Gray, good to see you are feeling better', Erza said as she looked at his bandages.

'Can I speak with you?'

'Any time'.

Gray walked away, assuming Erza followed him. He walked to the second floor where they would be alone.

'What do you want to talk about?', Erza asked.

'I want you to convince Juvia to go home', he said with determination.