5. The Mystery Guy

Walt's pov

Walt paced outside the infirmary. The guy, at least he thinks it's a guy underneath the hood. It was hard to see his face. And what was up with it anyway, it wouldn't come off at all. He used all of the charms, he could think of. He must be a very powerful magician. 

Walt had only been patrolling the area when he saw the mysterious hooded guy fighting a strange monster. He wasn't even using spells, only a glowing sword. "Walt, stop pacing. It'll be fine." He looked up to an annoyed Sadie and stop pacing and sat down on a chair. "Now, tell about the mystery guy lying unconscious in the infirmary." 

He took a deep breath to pull his thoughts together. "Well, I was just patrolling the area for monster signs. Then I saw this dude in an alley with a cloak on fighting a strange monster that I have never seen before or even heard of in Egyptian mythology." Walt thought about it for a while then continued," Also, he was fighting with a glowing sword. In the end, it seemed like he was losing so I used a charm to up the monster and the guy used his sword to vaporize it into gold dust, and just before I got there, he fell unconscious. So, I brought him here." 

Sadie hummed and seemed to be deep in thought which was strange since normally she just jumps straight into battle and destroys everything. Today, she had an emerald green streak in her blonde hair. She still looked beautiful with her ever-changing hair. She tilted her head and caught him looking. He quickly shifted his gaze towards the floor, so she couldn't see him blushing.  

Sadie cleared her throat. "Walt, do you think that maybe this is an ancient Egyptian creature? One that, we don't know much about." 

Walt thought back to the creature. "Anubis, what do you think? Could it have some ancient monster we don't know about?" he mentally asked the god.

"No, it was nothing I have encountered before. I believe it'd be wise to assume that this is not our problem." Walt could practically see Anubis shaking his head.

"Not our problem? What does that mean?"  But Anubis remained silent. Walt was internally screaming in frustration. Sometimes so it's frustrating to host a god.

"No Sadie, it was different than the other monsters we have dealt with. Anubis also agreed that it isn't an ancient Egyptian creature." Walt finally answered. Sadie looked a bit troubled at that. She muttered something but Walt couldn't catch all of it. "They promised............stupid geeks."

This reaction totally confused him. It seemed she knew what the creature was and possibly the guy too. She stood up and exclaimed," Alert me when the mystery guy wakes up. I am going to go give Carter a call about all of this. He is, after all, a know it all."

She quickly kissed his cheek and ran up to her room, all the while grumbling about Carter not being here so she has to lead the 21st nome alone with Bast gone. That left Walt wondering what in Ra does Sadie know that she hadn't told him and how exactly this guy is connected to it all 'cause his instinct is screaming that he has a major role in it. He just hopes that the guy wakes up soon because it's tiring to keep calling him the guy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the insanely short chapter. It's just that I don't know how to progress the story further but I'll eventually figure it out. It might take some time though and make the update time slow. So, I just hope you are liking the story so far. And comment below on how I should take this further like should I elaborate on the adventures Percy has with the Kanes or should I just skim over it? 

-Amethyst_heart