24. Rescue Operation

Last Chapter-

He disappeared out of the room, leaving only the scent of the sea.

What they didn't know is that it will be a long time before any of them could see him in person again. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy / Rimor's pov

Percy mist traveled out of the apartment into a random alley. He swayed slightly but steadied himself by grabbing the wall. Seeing Nico and Leo had been....unexpected.

He had definitely missed them, they were part of his family but seeing them just then brought up bad memories. He may act like he's moving on but he knows deep down he never wants to see all of the ones that had betrayed him ever again. 

He knows he would be able to handle it. His nightmares had only recently stopped completely. He felt so vulnerable with them and their betrayals stung even if they might have been slightly influenced. 

Although Nico and Leo were a few of the ones who didn't betray him, it still hurt when he remembered about camp. The memories he had fought to repress had come terrifyingly close to overflowing. So, he got out of there as fast as he could without causing suspicion.

He slowly slid down the wall and brought up his knees as he curled into a ball. He didn't know how long he stayed that way, lost in his thoughts. 

Suddenly he heard footsteps coming closer in the alley. He dived behind a trashcan to observe what was happening. A black blur jumped past the trashcan followed by two burly men. One was short and muscular while the other was lean. They were both mean-looking and the shorter had a scar going down his chin. The men cornered the animal which looked like a black cat but different. 

"We have to get this nasty little fella back to its filthy cage with all the others. The boss was not happy that it escaped," the shorter one said. 

"This little kitty is going to get us a lot of fortune. Aren't you kitty? Yes, you are, yes you are," the other one cooed at the cat which growled in response. 

 Percy felt disgusted at the two men who were clearly animal poachers. He didn't know what was so special about the cat. "It must be a rare breed," he thinks

The men were continuously goading the cat and laughing at it. It hissed and growled every time they came to a step forward. Percy slowly came up behind them, summoned his twin knives using his watch, and struck both of them with the hilt on their heads.

The men staggered and fell unconscious to the ground. He would've faced them head-on but he didn't want them to know his face since he wasn't going to kill them even though he'd love to.

He slowly approached the cat. He couldn't see much of its features in the dark along with the fact that it had black fur. He could see its piercing violet eyes though and a scar that ran along with its foreleg and he noticed an injury on its paw. 

It backed away till its tail hit the wall and growled viciously. That was the time that Percy noticed its very sharp teeth. He bent down to its height and offered his hand. "I won't hurt you. I just want to help you," he said softly. 

For a moment the cat just stared at him as if judging his worth. It then slowly limped forward and rubbed its cheek against his palm. Percy smiled and carefully took out a healing potion from his backpack and gently poured it on the injury. 

The cat hissed slightly as the liquid poured onto its injury. The wound slowly encased into itself and closed fully as if it was ever there leaving only a small cut.