21. Cultists?

Planet  58, Iraam 

Rimor's pov

Rimor swam up to the surface clutching a stone in his hands and willed the water to propel towards the isolated island. This planet itself was ninety percent oceans. The perfect place for a Son of Poseidon to go treasure hunting under the sea. The creatures in these oceans did not recognize him fully, only knowing that he was a friend of the sea and that he would not hurt them. Their voices in his head were different than the fishes on Earth.

He dragged himself up to the sandy beach. He ran to a clump of rocks and stuck his hand in a hole in between them. He pulled out his trusty backpack. Over the period of last year, he had quite a few changes to the bag. It was now enchanted to never run out of space and equipped with many compartments, each with its own uses. 

He slipped the teardrop clear gem in a tiny pocket on the side. It had taken him two hours to find one with the right properties. The gem had some magical properties that he had wanted along with some alloys that would be a powerful accessory. 

The clinking of boots alerted Rimor to another presence on the island

The clinking of boots alerted Rimor to another presence on the island. Huh, this island isn't as isolated as I had thought it was. Rimor quickly slung his backpack over his shoulder dived behind the clump of rocks, hoping that they can shield him from the eyes of the people passing by. He knew that it could very well be some explorers just like him but something in his gut told him that these people coming were dangerous and highly armed. His control over the water vapor in the air had highly increased and on such a planet with oceans everywhere, his powers were at the peak. He can also sense any creature or object in his general vicinity. 

Suddenly the stomping of boots stopped. Rimor sensed that they were a few feet away from the chunk of rocks he was hiding behind. He manipulated the water vapor in the air to be able to hear their conversation. 

"Commander has ordered us to go into the city, we need to monitor the citizens." The language he realized was not English or any other language he had come to know in the time of his stay outside Earth. It sounded ancient, harsh some might say. The speaker sounded male.

Another man, he assumed there were only the two of them there, spoke, "Has the Commander arrived yet?"

"No, he is held up by that pesky army of Chaos. Though his arrival is only delayed by a day. He will be here on the 'morrow."

"The army of Chaos and Order may be oblivious to our Lord's rise for now but we must prepare for when it becomes common knowledge." Rimor could hear the warning in the man's words. They were certainly some type of illegal cult but who is their Lord? To be against the armies of Chaos and Order, they certainly have to be some sort of criminals since he had checked up the army of Chaos and Order. They as far as he had seen were fighting for good of the universe. Mental note to research more on the armies of Chaos and Order.  Last time he had only skimmed the surface about them.