Chapter One Hundred Twenty-One

A/N: holy shit tomorrow is thelastday of 2020

cannot wait for this nightmare to be finally over 🤠

ok ok ok so i am SUPER excited about this chapter because it's sooo fluffy and pretty darn long and i think you guys are going to loveee me for this so you're welcome in advance :)

————————————————————
"Well I'm a bubbles kind of guy, okay?

Part of the Peter Parker deal."
————————————————————

"Hello?"

"Hey," Peter said, sitting down at his chair in his room.

"I heard what happened," Ada said, "Is May okay?"

"May's fine. She was a little shaken up but she's fine now," he said, spinning around in the chair a bit.

"And you?"

"I'm...Well I think I'm grounded until I'm thirty so," he joked. Her heard her laughing.

"That bad, huh? Well I guess the city's gonna need a new neighborhood superhero," she said and Peter frowned, sitting upright in the chair.

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm the only neighborhood superhero, alright? I'll just...be quieter when I sneak out at night now," he said and he could imagine Ada rolling her eyes at that, "Kinda makes me wish I had your powers to turn invisible."

"Super strength and invisibility?" she chuckled, "You'd be out of control with all that power."

"Watch out bad guys," he laughed.

"...Wait," Ada said after a moment, "What if you could turn invisible?"

"I was just joking, I can't actually turn invisible—" Peter nearly fell out of the chair, suddenly realizing what she meant, "Oh no. No, no, no, no."

"It'll be fun!" she argued.

"Yeah, until Mr. Stark finds out and kills me!" Peter argued.

"Who says anyone has to know?" she grinned.

"Ada, no. That's wrong." This was a terrible idea. It was a terrible, terrible idea. He shivered at the thought of what Mr. Stark would do if he found out. What if he confiscated his suit again?

"So it's okay for you to sneak out and go fight crime all by yourself but I can't come with you? What, you think I can't handle my own?"

"No— no, definitely not that," he said and then sighed, running a hand down his face, "I just...I can't let you get hurt again."

"Pete, I've managed to only die once in 15 years, I think I'm gonna be fine," she laughed.

"I know you joke about it, but...I'm being serious, Ada. Watching you die was the worst thing I've ever had to see. Imagine if it was switched and you had to—"

"Okay, okay, I get it," she said, cutting him off before the image slipped into her mind unwarranted, "But I'm still coming with you because it's not exactly safe for you to be out there alone either and don't even try to argue with me because I know I'm right."