Chapter One Hundred Forty-Two

A/N: helloo lovely people

it's finally winter dance time!

for my visual learners, here's a picture of the dress adelaide is wearing tonight

so i started working out on monday and now it's wednesday and i think i can still hear my muscles crying in pain

so i started working out on monday and now it's wednesday and i think i can still hear my muscles crying in pain. i'm gonna trying exercising again tomorrow, but i think i might actually die so if there's no update next week, you'll know what happened to me

in other news, i finished watching sweet magnolias and it was SO GOOD. anyone who wants to fangirl, i will gladly love to too

anyway, lots of soft moments to come so be prepared!

————————————————————
"Peter...there's something

I have to tell you."
————————————————————

The Winter Dance was tonight.

And Adelaide was tearing herself in six different directions, trying to get ready before Peter came to pick her up in a few hours.

After passing out at Vivian's apartment last night, she had woke up feeling completely fine. No body aches, no headaches, literally nothing. All of it was gone. Just like that. Poof. Adelaide thought it was a bit strange, but she was afraid to question it. Whatever those pink pills were, Adelaide had to get some for herself. They were like magic. She had woken up before Vivian and so she wrote a quick little note and left it on her bedside table before leaving.

When she came into the Tower in the morning, neither Pepper nor Tony looked suspicious. And there was no reason to be, either. She looked — and felt — perfectly fine. Pepper asked her where she was when the blackout happened and she just told her that she had been at Vivian's watching tv. The woman seemed to buy and didn't press her for any more questions.

With the dance being tonight, Adelaide wanted to forget all about last night and focus all her attention on having fun tonight. She hadn't waited for weeks for this dance, just to throw it away because of a strange night.

Besides, she really did feel completely fine today. She had even tested her powers when she woke up this morning by trying to manipulate the light in Vivian's room. She had felt a slight pang in her head, but it was over as soon as it came. It was like last night had never happened.

"Tony, this is the most important question you will answer in your life," Adelaide said slowly.

The man nodded from his place on the couch, only half paying attention. He had learned that if he just repeated the last couple words someone said to him, it would sound like he had been listening the whole time.

"Which shoes? Heels or Converse?"

"Converse," he replied. He was actually listening to the commentator for the football game on the tv behind him. And the teenager hadn't a clue. The billionaire was pretty proud of himself for it. He felt like he just solved women.