Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: Hey guys! I was gonna try the thing where I upload once a week but I'm already a few days late...sorry :/ I went to bed late last night and then I procrastinated and decided to upload today.

Moooving on! A quick recap of the previous chapter: Adelaide deciphers the cryptic message she found from a sticky note in Coach Graves' desk, Peter and Adie have a little cute moment, and we get to see a little spider-pete at the end. So now in this chapter, we get to find out if Adie had cracked the code correctly (try saying that five times fast) and I think there's a new semi-character whom I just loved writing because he's so awesome. We might see him again, you never know.

Alright I won't hold the chapter hostage any longer!

————————————————————
"Yuh know whatcha

ya little pip-squeak?"
————————————————————

Adelaide had written the address on her palm just to be safe.

In a manner of speaking, today was tomorrow. Today was the day Coach Graves would be going to Chelsea. Her plan was simple. She would just hail and cab and follow him to wherever he was going and then she would be able to see exactly what he was up to. She had already texted Happy and told him that she was staying after school in the library and that she would just take a cab home when she was done. It was a foolproof plan, she was sure.

The moment the bell rang, she was ready to sprint out the door but Ned stopped her.

"Do you guys want to hang out today, at my place?" he asked.

"I...er, have a lot of homework today, sorry," she said, her eyes darting to the clock anxiously. She hoped she wouldn't miss him before he left.

"Is it algebra?" Peter frowned, "I can help you with it if you want."

"Uh, no. I'll figure it out. Thanks. I really have to go. See you guys tomorrow!" she said and hurried out of the classroom before they could stop her again. She forced her way through the crowd, heading the in the opposite direction of everyone else.

Finally she broke out of the throng of students and stumbled into the same dimly-lit, empty hall as yesterday. Looking in both directions of the hall to make sure she was alone, she pulled her hoodie over her head and shook her pants off. She had worn her suit underneath this morning in preparation for now. You could never be too careful.

Silently, she changed herself into her Blue Phantom alias and then turned herself invisible. Grabbing her backpack, she padded down the hall, towards his office. Just as she had done yesterday, she pushed herself against the wall and then cautiously peeked around the corner. He was at the door, locking up his office. Adelaide held her breath as he walked past her.

She didn't wait for him to disappear around the corner to start following him. The school was completely empty now and Adelaide was suddenly very glad that she had the ability to turn herself invisible of this would have been a whole lot harder.

Once they were outside the school, he headed towards the parking lot, whistling and swinging his keys around his index casually. He stopped by an old 80s-looking car that looked ready to break down any second. Adelaide winced as he got inside the car, wondering if his weight would cause the car to just crumble into individual parts. Surprisingly, the car held and didn't fall apart even when he started the engine.

Adelaide realized that this would be the perfect time to hail a cab before he got away. Quickly, she hid behind a trash can and made herself visible again. People usually didn't find it very entertaining when a person just appeared out of thin air so Adelaide tried to avoid it whenever she could. She hurried to the street where she instantly found a cab and slid inside.