Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: On time, as promised!

So, what's going down in this chapter? Well, Adelaide gives Ned like about 20 heart attacks and that's pretty much all that happens lol. This isn't an action-packed chapter, but still very necessary to the plot unwinding. There's a little bit of our favorite billionaire and red-head (Pepper, not Natasha).

For those of you who have seen the notice already, the chapters that I've edited are 16 and 17, mainly just a couple of scenes, but nothing too drastic. If guys spot anyplace else that I missed, let me know and I'll fix it right up, but I'm pretty sure I got all of the scenes. So if you wanna go back and check out the changes, that'd be great. *thumbs up* But if you don't feel like it, that's perfectly fine too. I'm gonna try to keep the notice up all the way until next week when I publish the next chapter so hopefully everyone has a chance to see it and understand it. The last thing I want is confusion so please, please let me know if you have any questions.

Alright so after this chapter, Adelaide and Ned are gonna start working like a real team and then some other stuff I don't know yet. I will point out that currently it's November in the chapter and Peter gets bitten by a spider on December 1st...Gosh! I'm so excitedddd! I know we haven't seen a lot of him lately, but that's gonna change reaaal soon. ;)

————————————————————-—————
"She's an assassin.

She's terrifying.

And you call her Nat?"
————————————————————-—————

"452," Ned answered confidently.

Mr. Hans smiled at him, something he hardly ever did. He had definitely never smiled at Adelaide. Then again, she was a horrible student so she couldn't really complain.

"Excellent Mr. Leeds, excellent!" he said, turning around to write the answer on the board. He circled it exaggeratedly. This man was too obsessed with math. He had crossed a line. In fact, he was so far away from the line, the line was a dot to him. (A/N: Please tell me you get this reference)

"He loves you," she mumbled. Ned rolled his eyes.

"So are we really arguing about this again?" he asked, tapping his pencil against his desk. Adelaide frowned, annoyed by the sound.

"He loves you," she repeated mockingly.

"He does not love me."

"Shh," Michelle said, glaring at them as if they were actually distracting her from the lesson. Hell, she wasn't even listening. Adelaide could clearly see the white earbuds in her ears. And the novel inside her textbook. How she passed any of her classes, Adelaide had no idea.

"You know you have to have a B in this class to be able to go to the field trip?" Ned asked, whispering now. Mr. Hans had informed them about an upcoming field trip next month to some museum to see radioactive spiders. He stressed that every student had to have at least B in every class to be able to go. He had looked at Adelaide while saying it.

"So I can see spiders? I think I'll pass," she said, leaning back in her seat.

"But they're not just spiders! They're enhanced! The best of their kind!" he exclaimed.

"But they're still spiders, so not very interesting."

Suddenly, the bell rang, dismissing the class. Adelaide quickly packed her backpack and they both hurried outside. As usual, the two met up with Peter in the hallway outside their class before heading down to the gym together. Peter grinned at her and she raised an eyebrow.