Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N: I am four days late and I am so sorry and what are the chances that as I'm writing this Time to Pretend (Homecoming trailer music) starts playing from my playlist? Badum, badum, badum...time to pretend...to pretend. Just a side note, I wrote like 70% of this chapter listening to Come and Get Your Love on repeat and like basically the Guardians of the Galaxy playlist at like 12 am in morning instead of writing my essays. I wanted to upload this yesterday but I had to do some plot checking because Spider-Man's timeline is about to start and I had to do some last minute plotting. *Evil laugh* Lmao, don't worry you will love this chapter, especially the end. I thought it was hilarious but then again I do feel a little high off of some good music. I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me... Okay, okay, I'll stop. Shoutout to Spotify though, for knowing exactly what I wanna hear to keep me from nodding off again. Anyway, last week and this week (even though it's only Tuesday) have been pretty hectic, man. I mean, I don't have time to eat (but I somehow manage to squeeze in at least two episodes of Friends every day? Go figure). I'm not really sure when the next chapter will be up because there's like a million things going on this week so who knows, tbh. Don't worry though, I'll write it as fast as I can.

Enough about that boring stuff. So where are we with this chapter? Well, do y'all remember the last chapter? Cause I definitely don't. I distinctly remember Ned almost passing out, no? Anyway, this chapter is just more of Adie and Neddie stumbling around like teenagers always do and there's not that much action in this one either. Sorry about that. This part of the story is just mainly laying low so if there was action all of a sudden, I know I'd be confused. But let just throw out that the ending is hilarious. You'll laugh, I promise.

Also, I wanted to mention and clarify something real quick. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Nat released SHIELD and HYDRA files to the public (right?) so that's what Ned and Adie were looking at the last chapter (hey! I remember what happened now!) but this chapter...well, I don't wanna spoil it, but it's entirely different from the files that Nat released. Just wanted to clear that up.

I'm gonna leave the notice up another week, just to be safe. I'll delete it when I publish the next chapter. Well, I just wanna say that Peter is so close to becoming Spider-Man and I NEED A TISSUE UP IN HERE. I can't wait to get into that timeline, I have so much exciting stuff planned I just wanna skipp all of this (kinda) boring stuff but that would be bad so we're gonna drag through it. I feel like there was something else I had in mind to say in this note but it left me. Typical. Oh wait! I remember it! WE HAVE REACHED 100,000+ WORDS AND THATS A HIGE MILESTONE IM DO PROUD OF THIS STORY AND EVER LITTLE WORD THAT BUILD UP TO THIS HUGE NUMBER THIS MIGHT BE LIKE MY GREATEST WRITING ACCOMPLISHMENT AND IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

————————————————————-—————
"You guys need

to get a life."
————————————————————-—————

Lunch was Adelaide's favorite class of the day. The homework was always delicious and there were never any tests. Unless she counted the mystery desert on the last Friday of every month. Tasting the mystery desert was a test like no other. Of course, Midtown High didn't exactly serve a 5-star meal, but it was certainly better than most food that she could make.

"...and then, the space invaders came from the side and boom!" Ned said, waving his arms around animatedly. Peter's eyes grew wide.

"No way! I can't believe I missed it!" he said, opening up the packet of ketchup.

"Did you watch it, Adelaide?" Ned asked, pulling her out of her food fantasy.

"Huh?" came her reply.