Chapter One Hundred Nine

A/N: hiiii

how is everyone doing? :)

i still haven't gotten any decent sleep since last time so there's that. i have a couple tests next week so hopefully i won't fail those again. also i forgot what a keyboard was called so i called it a typer. i regret nothing.

imma be honest i don't even remember what i wrote in this chapter lol but i think it's fluffy so enjoy!

————————————————————

"Ada...there's something I need to tell you."

————————————————————

"And then I just left because they were both acting so weird," Adelaide told Vivian later that day when she came to visit.

Vivian had managed to sneak a bag of potato chips past Pepper (the doctors had strictly ordered no junk food for her but Adelaide couldn't resist) and they were both munching on those on her bed as Adelaide told Vivian about the incident from this morning. Vivian frowned, reaching into the bag for more chips.

"That is weird," she said, "Do you think they're hiding something?"

"Could be," she shrugged, "But maybe it really is nothing. I mean, they aren't exactly normal to begin with, right?"

"Very true," Vivian said thoughtfully.

"Anyway, guess what?" Adelaide grinned. Vivian raised her eyebrows in question.

"What?" she said.

"I'm getting discharged tomorrow!" she said and Vivian's face lit up with a huge smile.

"Adelaide, that's awesome!" she laughed, "Oh, I bet you're excited."

"You have no idea," she groaned, letting her head fall back onto the pillow, "I am so sick of this hospital smell and these plain walls. I honestly think my apartment was better than this."

"No offense, but your apartment was..."

"A garbage dump?" Adelaide offered. Vivian winced.

"I was going to say messy, but that works too," she nodded, reaching into the bag, "Are you going to go back to live there again after they discharge you?"

Adelaide shrugged, shoving move chips in her mouth for some time to answer the question. She thought about it as she chewed.

"If Tony wants me to stay with him at the compound, I will. But if not...I guess I kind of have to," she said. Vivian frowned.

"What do you mean if Tony wants you to stay with him? You don't think he wants you at the compound?"

"I...honestly don't know," she sighed, dusting the salt off of her hands, "I mean, I know things are okay with us again, but what if there's something that still not okay? Then I move in to the compound and things mess up again and...and I have to leave again."

Vivian didn't say anything for a while. And then she wiped her hands on her jeans and turned on the bed to face her.

"Adelaide...a blind man can see how much Tony loves you," she said carefully, "He has slept on the floor of every night that you've been here. He'll live with you in that awful apartment if it means he gets to stay with you. I mean, no offense. The apartment really sucks."

"None taken," Adelaide mumbled, "...You really think he'll want me to live at the compound?"

Even after knowing the truth about what I had done, she thought to herself.