Chapter One Hundred Three

A/N: hellooo

i think im in love with robert pattinson? (and kristen stewart holy hell has that woman always been this attractive??) his smile just does something to me ahsksal and the fact that he's batman is just- wow. and he's gonna be in a movie with tom and seb and bill??? i have a feeling the devil all the time is about to make 2020

i also like just finished rewatching all of the twilight movies (except for new moon because why would i do that to myself) and the first few movies actually sucked but you have to admit that breaking dawn part 1 and 2 were actually really good, especially part 2!! and now im reading midnight sun :) i miiiight actually maybe probably be a fan of twilight now that ive rewatched the movies? but ONLY THE MOVIES because the books were traumatizing to read

anywayyy so school starts for me exactly one week from today and it's all online so
:(( this means that there will most likely not be any surprise updates and the chapters will most likely be a little shorter but that's only because i want to be able to update every wednesday so i hope you guys understand :)

okay so last chapter we found out that adie remembers tony (yay!) so this one should be fun ;)

————————————————————

"I missed you."

————————————————————

Tony blinked at the teenager.

And for a short moment that seemed to stretch on forever, he couldn't find the right words to say. His expression was frozen into one of shock. Somehow, he forced his lips to form comprehendable words.

"Wh...What did you say?" he whispered, breathless. He was so sure that he had heard her wrong. Or maybe he had been just hearing things.

"Tony," she breathed, "You're really here?"

"Is this you?" he asked shakily. Adelaide couldn't answer or even meet his eyes. She bit back a sob and he took this as a yes.

"Did you know?" Tony whispered and his voice sounded gentle as if there was no way that she could have possibly done this.

There was that soft fatherly tone in his voice that made her heart wrench in pain. She closed her eyes painfully.

"Yes," he whispered eagerly. Various thoughts and emotions began racing through his mind as he stared at the teenager. He reached up, clasping the trembling fingers against his cheek. He wrapped both of his hands around hers as if he couldn't hold on tightly enough. He pressed her hand over his mouth, kissing it repeatedly before holding it against his cheek again. Tears flooded his eyes as he became more and more relieved with every breath.

"Yes," she whispered painfully and he recoiled from her just as he had with Steve as if she had stabbed him. Adelaide felt a physical pang in her chest.

The entire bunker was absolutely silent.

She could hear her blood pounding in her ears. She watched Tony as he processed this. She could see the pain that one little word had caused him. He was trying so hard to not believe it, but the proof was right there in front of him.

Adelaide Rivers had killed his parents.

The girl he took in, the girl he gave a home to, the girl he had grown so close to, the girl he...the girl he saw as his daughter.