Chapter Seventy-Two

A/N: GUESS WHO NEARLY DIED TWO DAYS AGO- that's right it was me but I'm okay nothing happened lucky me I still have to go to school next week 🙃

Anyway this chapter gets pretty heated by the end and of course there's angst as usual ;)

————————————————————
"Iron Man. Hey, what are you

doing robbing a bank?"
————————————————————

QUEENS COMMUNITY BANK

"Yo, this high tech stuff makes it too easy," he said as his buddy drilled into the ATM. His friend laughed to himself.

"Told you it was worth it," he grinned.

"Okay, go, go, go," he urged the other guy who grabbed his own high-tech weapon and charged it up to pull out the part of the ATM he had just lasered through. It levitated out soundlessly.

"Woah, nice!" he laughed, making a grab for the money inside.

"We can hit, like, five more places tonight," the other guy laughed as he piled the money into his bag.

Unknown to them, a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man had silently walked through the door. He closed it quietly and then turned around. They still hadn't noticed him. He looked around, trying to find an intimidating pose to strike. He settled for leaning one hand against the wall with the other on his hip. He made a mental note to look up good hero poses later. There had to be something better than this.

He cleared his throat, "What's up, guys? You forgot your PIN number?"

They all froze and then whipped around, revealing their masks.

"Whoa! You're the Avengers. What are you guys doing here?" Peter greeted cheerily.

Iron Man loaded his gun, but Peter shot a web to snatch it out of his hands and he swung it to the side, hitting Iron Man and Thor in the face. Thor hopped right back up and tried to elbow Peter's face, but Peter slammed the "god's" fist right into the Hulk's face, knocking both of them backwards.

"Thor. Hulk. Good to finally meet you guys," he said as he pulled himself up onto the ceiling. He kicked Thor backwards into the window. Peter hung himself upside down from the ceiling.

"I thought you'd be more handsome in person," he said just as Iron Man began throwing punches at him. He dodged them effortlessly.

"Iron Man. Hey, what are you doing robbing a bank?" Peter grinned, "You're a billionaire."

Just as the Hulk stood up with his high-tech weapon, Peter dodged one last punch from Iron Man who tripped and fell back into the Hulk. They both stumbled to the ground with a groan.

Peter didn't react fast enough to Captain America aiming the other high-tech device at him and now he was suspended in the air.

"Hey! Oh, this feels so weird!" he shouted just before Captain America threw him onto the Hulk. Peter slammed into the wall with a loud oomph.

"Whoa, what is that thing?" he breathed. Before he could stand up, Captain America once again captured him in the levitation field and began tossing him up and down between the ceiling and the floor.

"I'm starting–" Up. "–to think–" Down. "–you're not–" Up. "–the Avengers!" Down.

Before Captain America could toss him up like a salad again, he pressed his hand onto the floor, letting the stickiness hold him down.