Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Hey guys! So I've had a pretty hectic week, trying to get everything together before school starts again (in four days, sadly) and I haven't had that much time to write. I had the chapter finished yesterday, but didn't have time to edit and upload it. I guess this is probably what it's gonna be like once school starts. I might have to take a whole week to write the chapter :/

Anyway, so this chapter has a little time jump from the previous one which ended in a cliffhanger...oops. The last chapter was like the wrap up of Ultron and then like a post credits scene for the Blue Phantom: Dawn of Truth movie or part of the story or whatever we're calling it. This chapter is the start of Dawn of Truth and I definitely enjoyed writing it. Adie's back in school, high school now. Her birthday passed last month so now she's 14 years old, freshman in high school.

Well, there's not much else to say...

————————————————————-

"Grow a pair, Eugene."

————————————————————-

FIRST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL
SEPTEMBER 7, 2015

The line was painfully long and Adelaide could swear it had stopped moving. She sighed, shifting her weight to her other leg and hooking her thumb under her backpack strap. She ran her hand through her hair which was still damp from her shower this morning.

"...and then he did a complete flip and landed right side up on his skateboard! How cool is that!" Ned gushed about some skateboarder he'd seen on tv. Adelaide had learned to know when to tune them out. The teenager glanced back at the curly-haired girl behind them, hoping to get some conversation out of her.

"Hey Michelle," Adelaide greeted. The girl glanced up from her book in response before looking down again. Adelaide sighed, craning her neck to look at the line. It moved one step. At this rate, it was going to be late afternoon by the time they got their schedules.

Suddenly, Ned and Peter's conversation about skateboarding stopped and Adelaide followed their gaze to see why. She rolled her eyes when she saw the girl they were both gaping at. Adelaide smacked their heads.

"Ow!"

"What was that for!"

"You're going to creep the poor girl out," Adelaide said. Michelle glanced up from her book.

"She's right." And then she went back to reading.

"But it's Liz!" Ned whisper yelled. Adelaide raised an eyebrow

"And?"

"It's Liz Allan!" Peter said, as if that made it clearer.

"Yeah, we could do this all day," she muttered and Peter grinned.

"She's—We've—I've—" Adelaide hit Peter on the head again.

"I've had a crush on her since...since as long as I can remember," Peter said, "And now she's here!" The two began staring at her again and Adelaide rolled her eyes. It was getting annoying. For some reason, she really wanted Peter to just stop looking at her, but she couldn't pinpoint why.

"And staring at a girl is the best way to her heart," Adelaide said sarcastically, ignoring the little feeling in her chest. She glanced at Liz again, a flicker of anger sparking in her chest. She was by the lockers, laughing with her friends. Adelaide didn't have to look too far to see why Peter liked her so much. The line moved one step again and Adelaide had to practically drag the two boys ahead by their backpacks.