Chapter Forty-Four

A/N: AHHHHHHHHH I WATCHED FAR FROM HOME AND OH MY GODDDDDDD. IT'S SO AMAZING AHHHHHHHHH. TOM HOLLAND IS SO FREAKING HOTT I CAN'T I CAN'T. AND THE MOVIE WAS SO ASRDFRFLDSS. GO WATCH IT, GO WATCH IT!

Okay, I'm done. But seriously, the movie was so incredible and I literally got sooo many ideas from it for this fanfic, you don't even understand. Tiny spoiler for this fanfic, let's just say MJ and Peter are NOT endgame (hehe see what I did there?)

Okay, okay, I'm done I swear. As you can see, I updated exactly one week later so, for now, Wednesdays will be my upload days but it might change to the weekend. But for now it's Wednesdays.

So a lott happened last chapter from nightmares to deathboards to crazy gym coaches. You guys got to see a littleee bit about Adelaide's past and that chapter officially marks the beginning of Civil War. Let me just say, by the end of Civil War, you will know everything about Adie. I mean everything. And you may change your mind about her after...*evil laughter*

Shoutout to everyone reading this whether you vote and comment or you don't, all of you guys are INCREDIBLY AMAZINGGG <3

————————————————————
"Someone kicked her puppy, Peter.

That's really sad."
————————————————————

"You look like hell," Happy observed, walking into the kitchen. Adelaide nodded, agreeing with him. She was sitting with a cup of coffee and watching the tv in the living room from the island in the kitchen.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" he asked, pouring himself a cup of coffee. Adelaide finished her fourth cup of coffee since this morning and slid off the stool for a refill. Sleep was a foreign word.

"You were out cold," she said, smiling at him but the smile didn't quite reach her eyes. Her voice was small and sounded tired. Happy didn't take to importance how the teenager avoided his question and popped a bagel in the toaster.

"Your little project thing tired me out," he said, "I'm telling you, I am never having kids."

"Let me know how that works for you," she said, getting back up on her stool, "What time are they coming?"

Happy checked his watch. "In about half an hour," he answered, grabbing his bagel out of the toaster and he sitting down beside the teenager with his breakfast.

"I should warn you," he said with his mouth full of bagel, "Pepper's going to flip when she sees it's not done."

"Tell me something I don't know," Adelaide groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

"I'm going to pick them up," he said, standing up again and dusting his hands to get the crumbs off. He grabbed his phone and slid it into his pocket. "You coming?"

"I'm going to work on the project," she sighed, sipping her coffee. It burned her throat on its way down. "I have school in an hour anyway."

"Your choice, kiddo, but you're just delaying the inevitable," he said, ruffling her hair as he walked past her. Adelaide didn't bother trying to fix it as she stared at the tv with an empty look on her face.

She knew he was only talking about Pepper seeing her unfinished project but the teenager couldn't help but apply it to something else. Finishing her cup of coffee, she reached for another refill. It had taken five cups for the teenager to finally feel the buzz in veins and she headed to her room.

Since she got home last night, she had hit the gym downstairs to shake off her anger and anxiety. Her knuckles were still slightly sore and bruised from the punching bag.