Chapter One Hundred Fourteen

A/N: oooh my goshhhh i missed you guys sm 🥺🥺

it's been forever since i written anything but a couple days ago i suddenly started writing this chapter and then i couldn't stop because i realized just how much i missed it so viola now we have a pretty decent (albeit unedited) chapter! and i figured since it's wednesday anyway and almost thanksgiving too, i would surprise you all with a little something

now, it's not a very big life-altering chapter and i'll admit it's not my best work, but, hey, better than nothing, am i right lol

so happy thanksgiving and enjoy!

————————————————————
"Then he leaned forward and grabbed her

face and kissed her as hard as

he could before he could think twice."
————————————————————

Adelaide was rummaging through the fridge for some chocolate as she talked with Vivian over a video call on her phone.

"Hey how do you say 'Maya went to the store' in Spanish?" Vivian asked. She was lying on her bed, doing her Spanish homework. Or rather, making Adelaide do her Spanish homework. Ever since the girl had learned Adelaide could speak Spanish fluently, she had been onto her like a moth on a flame or...like Adelaide on a piece of chocolate.

"Maya no molesta a su amiga para hacer su tarea de español," Adelaide mumbled distractedly with her head still in the fridge.

"Got it, thanks," Vivian said, writing the translation down into the blank in her homework. She paused, reading the sentence over in her mind once and then twice and then thrice again when it didn't make any sense. "I know I'm not the best at Spanish, but doesn't this mean something else?"

Adelaide closed the fridge, realizing it was hopeless and the only way she was going to find chocolate in there was if she waited inside for Tony to restock the fridge with it after a delivery from the grocery store. Perhaps Maya could bring her some chocolate since she was at the store.

The teenager stopped in front of her phone, smiling at her friend knowingly.

"Look at that, you do know Spanish," she smirked. Vivian narrowed her eyes.

"What did you make me write?"

"I said, 'Maya doesn't bother her friend to do her Spanish homework'," she admitted and Vivian rolled her eyes, erasing everything she had just written down.

"Very funny," she mumbled.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think that you're just using me to help you with your homework," she said, opening up some cabinets. No sign of any chocolate anywhere. This was an abomination. A penthouse without any chocolate? What was the point of all this money?

"Oh no, you got me," Vivian mumbled sarcastically, scribbling something down on her homework. "How's 'Maya ir a la tienda'?"

"Maya go to the store?" Adelaide asked, wrinkling her nose. Vivian's face lit up.

"Maya fue a la tienda," Vivian said loudly in understanding, quickly writing it down before she lost it. Adelaide smiled.

"Muy bien," she grinned.

"Well, that nightmare's finally over," Vivian laughed, closing her notebook with relief. She turned her attention to her friend whose eyes were darting around. She frowned. "What's wrong?"