Chapter Eighty-Five

A/N: hellooooo

hope you all are having another fantastic week in quarantine (note the sarcasm). i recently emailed my professor a long ass essay about this stupid browser extension he wanted us to use while taking a test so he could make sure we weren't cheating. i mean, the thing literally tracked all the devices on my network so obvs i was like fuck no.

but...i sorta kinda might've badmouthed my college in the email and he forwarded my email to the dean so i should be getting my expel letter any day now :)

anyway, that's how great online school is going for me. how bout you guys? any online school horror stories?

also, how is april half over already?? like march was actually 3 years long and now it's already april nth (idk what the date is lol just sometime in the second week). april actually just went whoosh lol

anyway, enjoy the chapter!

————————————————————

"Incoming call from Tony Stark."

————————————————————

Their criminal had just bought groceries.

Before he could even spot them coming, Peter webbed Davis's hand to the trunk of his car. His spider drone flew ahead, spinning around Davis's head. They were in the lower level of a parking garage and Davis had been loading his groceries into his car. He glared at the drone, annoyed.

"Remember me?" Peter asked in a strangely deep metallic voice from his Enhanced Interrogation Mode.

Adelaide stood there beside him, sizing Davis up. He looked like the kind of guy who would run instead of sticking around to fight if it came to it.

At the moment, he looked surprised.

Peter grinned proudly under his mask. He had definitely intimidated him.

"Uh, hey..." Davis said wearily.

"I need information," Peter said in an unusually deep voice, "You're gonna give it to me now."

"Alright, chill," Davis said, glancing at the Blue Phantom. Peter saw his eyes darting around and he stepped forward in what he hoped was an angry manner.

"Come on!" he said. Davis frowned, still looking at Adelaide.

"She wasn't there that night," he said suspiciously. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Who is she? She your girl?"

"Sh-She's not my girl," Peter said, sounding more red-eared than angry.

Even though she saw me half naked earlier, he thought to himself.

He glanced back at her but Adelaide stubbornly stared straight ahead at Davis, definitely not thinking about how she had literally watched him take all of his clothes off in front of her just a half an hour ago. She stole a quick look at him through the corner of her eye.

Nope.

Definitely not thinking about what was under that suit.

"What happened to your voice?" Davis suddenly asked with a frown directed at Peter.

Adelaide sighed. They did not come here so their criminal could interrogate Peter. It was supposed to be the other way around.

"What do you mean, what happened to my voice?" Peter asked, taken aback.