Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I know, I'm late! I'm sorry! I've barely had time to write and since this chapter is mostly a scene from the movie, it's taken me twice as long to get it written because I keep having to go back and forth between the movie and Word. I have to play the movie, pause it and read the subtitle, and then go back to Word and write down the dialogue along with the action. And then I gotta put Adelaide in there somehow. Although, I can't complain because I did sign up for this when I started the story and I'll admit it's not so terrible. This chapter really was fun to write and all the Avengers are in it.

So lately, I've been volunteering at the library since it's summer right now and I'm pretty much there during the time that I used write my chapters so now I hardly have time to write anymore and my phone lags when I write on there so it takes even longer. Maybe the chapters will start being a little later, I don't know. I'm going to try and keep up, but I hate writing on my phone.

Anyway, I've had this idea in my head that I've been toying with. So at the beginning of each chapter, I'm gonna start putting a quote from that chapter. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to pick out just one quote, but we'll see how it works out. I'll probably do the other chapters later because I'm really just trying to get this chapter up, but I'll start it with this one.

————————————————————-
"Pepper's going to kill

you for letting this happen."
————————————————————-

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together," Natasha said, observing the machine with narrowed eyes. Clint gave her a look to which she smirked to in response.

"There's no possibility of deterioration," Dr. Cho reassured, "The nano-molecular technology is instantaneous. His cells don't know their bonding with simulacra." Bruce shook his head, amazed.

"She is creating tissue," he said.

"That is...incredible," Adelaide said, watching as the machine seeming made new cells to heal Clint's wound. She'd seen Tony's machine do a lot of things, but they never made skin. The teenager didn't miss the proud smile on Dr. Cho's face.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes," Dr. Cho said.

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony said, walking into the lab with a drink in hand. Adelaide rolled her eyes, straightening up from the machine.

"No, no, no. I'm gonna live forever," Clint said from his bed. He laughed lightly. "I'm gonna be made of plastic." Tony walked past Adelaide to the archer. Adelaide grabbed her backpack from the floor, slinging it around one shoulder. The Avengers or not, Pepper said she still had to go to school.

"Here's your beverage," the billionaire said, handing Clint the drink in his hand. He looked up at Adelaide. "Happy's honking like madman downstairs." Adelaide rolled her eyes, holding up her hands in surrender.

"I'm going," she said.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference," Dr. Cho said with a smile.

"I don't have a girlfriend," Clint replied, sipping his drink. Dr. Cho let out a breath.

"That, I can't fix," she said, turning around. Natasha caught Adelaide's eye from across the room, a smirk on her face.

"So you go to school now?" Natasha asked mockingly, gesturing to the backpack hanging on the teenager's shoulder. Adelaide rolled her eyes for what might have the 100th time just this morning. "You got a boyfriend yet?"