Chapter Fifty

A/N: Full disclosure, for the next few chapters, you will most likely hate me. *hides behind tony*

ALSO, this might just be the last peaceful chapter and starting with this chapter, every chapter for like the next 10 chapters will be

ACTION ACTION ACTION

GASP GASP GASP

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

So buckle up ;)

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
"If I recall correctly, there was a

fire-breathing dragon and – oh,

there was also a giant mutant ninja turtle."
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

There were only a few times when Adelaide had cried. She had not anticipated for one of those times to be in her sleep.

"Adie, honey, wake up," the billionaire whispered, gently wiping the tears from the teenager's face with his thumb. Her eyes flickered and she stirred on the couch, pulling away.

"Adie," he said again as she opened her eyes in confusion.

"Tony?" she mumbled sleepily, barely making out the figure of the billionaire crouched down in front of her.

"Yeah," he said softly, studying her face, "It's me. I'm here."

Rubbing her eyes, she sat up on the couch, letting the blanket fall from her shoulders.

"God, what time is it?" she mumbled, fighting back a yawn.

"I saw you crying in your sleep," Tony said in a serious tone, pushing himself up off the floor to sit on the coffee table behind him.

"I'm fine," she mumbled, sighing and rubbing her face, "Sorry I woke you up."

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"I saw you crying in your sleep," he repeated and she sighed again, licking the tears off of her lips as she stared at the coffee table he was sitting on. She realized that she must have fallen asleep while watching tv.

"I said I'm fine," she grumbled, feeling exhaustion taking over. She ran her hands through her hair, suddenly feeling hot and stuffy. She didn't want to be interrogated at the moment. Tony pulled his lips in and then let out a breath. He pushed himself off the coffee table and sat beside her on the couch.

"Come here," he said gently, holding his arms out. Adelaide glanced at him hesitantly but obliged, curling up beside him. His embrace was warm compared to the temperature of the room. She realized she was shaking and Tony seemed to realize this too because he held her closer, soothing her hair gently. He rested his chin on the top of her head.

"Are you okay?" he mumbled without moving. Adelaide closed her eyes and let out a shaky breath, feeling as if her walls, her barrier against the world, had just crumbled to pieces. No one had asked her that. With everything that was going on, everyone was preoccupied.

"Adie..." he said quietly and that was all it took to let her unravel completely. She broke into tears which got out of control until she was heaving with sobs in the billionaire's arms.

"Shh," he said, soothing her hair, "Let it all out. It's okay. I'm here with you, you're safe."

There was no use in trying to stop her tears. She had been holding them in for too long and it felt so good to let them all out. All the pain and fear left her slowly, tear by tear.