Ch.27 Junior high (pt. 1)

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

You looked up nervously from the water Kaido had brought you. Constantly stirring it but never actually taking a sip. You were afraid that inhaling anymore liquid you would throw up from nervousness.

"So..... how's high school been?" He asked hesitantly. It was still a bit awkward since you hadn't seen each other in a while due to circumstances.
"Oh... it's good." You gave him a very simple response. You didn't really know what else to tell him.
"Well that's good....ummmm it's going well for me." He paused to think "and I think it's going well for Aiko. But I'm not 100% sure, she went to a different high school as me." He explained

"Oh. I haven't talked to her in a while." 'Well with the exception of Kuruizawa' you recalled.

"Oh well I can see why, I'm not sure if she's up for forgiving you after what happened last year." He said flitting his eyes back forth nervously between you and his drink.
This made you look up from your drink, "forgive me?!" You sounded appalled making him shrink back in surprise.

He didn't say anything for a acouple seconds then looked at you sympathetically, "well yeah.... I mean I have but a lot of the things that happened last year.... well they weren't exactly your fault but you have to take some of the blame." He tried to put gently.

You were flabbergasted by what he said. Anger replaced nervousness as you snapped back at him, "are we talking about the same school year? The same Aiko? She was a backstabbing bitch. But I guess you would never know that Becuase you didn't even give me the time of day after what happened!" You exclaimed pointing an accusing finger in his face.

He furrowed his brows but calmly said, "fine. What did happen then?"

Flashback to 1 year ago, it was your second year in junior high.

You had just transferred schools after you and your family moved into town. It was scary, you didn't know anyone and since everyone already had friends from the previous year not a lot of people even bothered talking to you. That was until Aiko. The two of you had met in photography club.

"Omg hey your the new girl!" She popped up from behind you while you were sitting alone fidgeting with your camera.
"Oh haha yeah that's me."
She invited you to sit with her at lunch and you two hit it off. You both had strong personalities and a sense of humor. So she invited you to sit with her more and more. Pretty soon you spent every lunch, passing period and study hall with Aiko.
She really was funny.
But overthe passing weeks you noticed Aikos sense of humor was a bit more.... crass than yours. She made you laugh but often at the expense of others. But she always played it off as a joke.

Some of the jokes were even about you sometimes.

"Ahahah omg (y/n) what are you doing wearing that shirt? Pffttt" she laughed at you
"Wait what? What do you mean?" You asked her nervously
"It just makes you looks kinda fat.... omg you look just like my grandma nenny. Please tell me you picked the shirt as a joke?!" She continued to laugh at you and the shirt you had bought with your own allowance.
"Whatever, you look stupid in that headband anyway ahahahah" you tried to laugh with her and join in but it was always difficult.
You didn't wear or see that shirt again till you saw her wearing the exact same one a week later.

It didn't happen often but just enough for you to notice a pattern. You didn't mind though because she was loyal to your friendship and that's all you needed.

By your third year the two of you were inseparable. And because of that you never really bothered to try and make any other friends and you were okay with that. All you needed was Aiko.

That's up until you two met Kaido. You thought he was chill and didn't mind more friends. Soon him joining caused you to gain even more friends. You had a whole friend group now but you Kaido and Aiko were the closest.
Kaido was a fairly good looking guy but you never had any romantic interest in him. On the other hand Aiko did.

"Aiko I think Kaido likes you." You giggled whispering in her ear while the two of you looked at Kaido playing soccer after school.
"Really?" she smiled at you whole heartedly, "I mean.... yeah of course he does." She rephrased confidently.
Kaido saw the two of you looking and waved and smiled in your direction.
Aiko squealed excitedly and you did the same. You were genuinely excited for Aiko. You really wanted it to work out between your two closest friends.

The more you hung out the more you tried to push Kaido in Aikos direction. He liked hanging out with the two of you but he obviously liked talking to you more. But you didn't think much of it. You thought he just naturally found you funnier or something.

Aiko, however, did pick up on this. And certain days she would pull you aside and warn you to stay in your lane or to stop talking with him. You would laugh and shrug it off. "Sorry ahaha, go for it. I'll get going." You told her. And you didn't mind even if her words hurt sometimes you were willing to take a little hurt if she was happy.
Aiko and Kaido were the stability you didn't have at home. When you got home it was the sound of constant fighting between your parents, then awkward silence at dinner.

You throw your bag on the ground in the hallway and look around the corner to see your parents sitting (surprisingly) peacefully in the living room. "Hey guys, I'm home" you walk into the room.

"Oh hey sweetie, how was school?" Your dad looks up from his papers.
"Eh, same thing." You shrug.
"Have you gotten your algebra grade up yet?" Your mom tilted her glasses to look at you.

You scrunch your nose in annoyance, "no not yet but I'm trying and there aren't any assignments that I can redo." You explained frustrated with the situation.
"Okay, well you need to work harder. Email your teachers. You need to get this done." She said nodding in your direction.
You sighed and said okay when your dad looked up again, "well don't worry sweetie, don't stress out too much. Grades aren't everything. You'll be okay even if you don't do well." He smiled at you reassuringly.

"Seriously?" Your mom snapped at your dad
"What?" He asked defensively
"I just told her she needs to get her grade up and you can't even take my side? We need to be United and yet you're telling her grades don't matter?" She snapped
"Honey I didn't say grades weren't important I just was saying that...."

You sighed and walked up the stairs. their argument blended into the background as you got further away.
Plopping down on the bed you cursed yourself. You sincerely believe they're fighting now because of you. 'If I hadn't brought it up they wouldn't be fighting.' You scolded yourself.

You picked up your phone to distract yourself and ended up calling Aiko. She picked up and immediately went on a rant about Kaido, "girl you will not believe what Kaido said...."
you listened intently, greatful for the distraction.

Aiko and Kaido were the stability you needed at that time in your life.

This is only part 1 of (y/n)'s backstory so expect there to be more to come.
Word count: 1353