Ch.36 Date night pt.3

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

Fear moves through you with every step you take towards the couple waving you over. Kyoya seems to sense your tenseness and holds tighter almost to stop you from running away. Which you considered trying if it weren't for the shoes.

And before you know it you are upon them. "Mother, father." He addresses them formally.
Mrs. Ootori is wearing a sleek black dress and heels that make her tower over her husband. Mr. Ootori seems to be matching with his also black suit and tie. They look expensive and put together.

Just as you are sizing them up they do the same to you. Eyeing you. Searching your face for what kind of threat you might be. "Kyoya, who might be this lovely young lady?" Mrs. Ootori ask excitedly. Her voice was void of all the disdain she had previously held the first time you met. And the reason for that is that she doesn't remember you.

You are shocked into silence. Neither of his parents seem to remember the commoner girl who had crashed their party. You can't say anything, so surprised that your ability to speak catches in your throat. So kyoya introduces you instead.

"This is (y/n). She's a classmate from Ouran and a close friend." His parents smile but their eyes scream threats at you.

"She has a great appreciation of art so I thought she'd make a great plus one." He smiled curtly.

Your heart sinks into your stomach. And there it is again. Kyoya too afraid to introduce you as who you really are to him.
'To his parents and anyone in his public life I will always just be an 'acquaintance'' . This brings in a pang of sadness. Haruhi was right. His image will always come first.

"How come we have never met you or your parents before?" Mr. Ootori asks.
Kyoya answers that for you before you can even catch your breath.
"She just moved to the country. Her parents are famous doctors in Eastern Europe." His lies seem to catch you off guard but you try not to look surprised for kyoyas sake.
'And now he's embarrassed of who my family is.'

Their faces change from slightly skeptical to slightly impressed.

"So how are you liking the Galla?" Mrs. Ootori asks you. And this time it's a question kyoya can't answer for you.

'Oh I just adore the chair with a banana on it and the naked man smothering himself in dirt.' Is what you want to say but your sure that answer would be met with a slap in the face.

"It's beautiful. I especially love...." You try to remember the names of those expressionist painters from earlier. Edward Kitchener and... Ernest Munch."