Ch.16 Gifts

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

One of your last days at karouizawa Haruhi and Hikarou went on a date. You kinda forget why, all you remember is that Karou was being a jerk so he had to make it up to Haruhi.... something like that. But what you really didn't understand is why you were forced to follow them.

Karou hid behind lampposts as if that would make a difference. "Guys, what are we even doing here?"

Karou laughed, "I couldn't miss this train wreck." While honey held on to Tamakis leg as he tried to run to Haruhi yelling, "Haruhiiii, daddies coming to save you!"

"OMG, this won't work. We stick out way too much." You rolled your eyes. So you forced Tamaki into a nearby Cafe while he whined and moaned. You took a seat in a booth by the window and you watched the two of them try food and shop around. You smiled at the pair, you loved seeing Haruhi happy. She deserved the world and whether Hikarou is the best for her or not isn't up to you. So you decided to just support from the sidelines.

Tamaki however believed he should have a say in it. 'He's crazy' was all you could think while watching Tamaki. They moved to a new part of the street so all of you got up to go follow. You stuck out like a sore thumb, they were all too handsome. They attracted too much attention. "Alright you guys, let's split up. We can all follow the, and be les obvious." They collectively agreed that was the best idea.

When everyone dispersed you grabbed Kyoyas hand and led him over to the gift shop. He pulled his hand back once inside, "what are we doing here?" He said with a hint of disgust in his voice. You frowned at the way he pulled his hand back, but you ignored those thoughts.

"Why else bird brain?" You teased, "to buy gifts!"

"In this run down place?" He said still eyeing the decorations and merchandise. "Oh get off your high horse and pick out something for everyone." You told him while looking through tshirts.

He turned to the other shelf and continued to talk, "I guess you've figured out by now who my father is by now"
You cringe a little remembering what you had looked up and the amount of information you learned about his family. You exhaled "yep, my dads boss." You chuckle.

"And" he said expectantly. "What do you think?" 'What were you supposed to say? What exactly did this change?'

You pulled a big costume cape from the wrack and put it on and knelt on one knee facing Kyoya. You made an accent of a valiant knight, "I think that means I will have to serve thy majesty with even higher regards." You said matter of factly. You bent over laughing while Kyoya just rubbed his temple in annoyance.

He sighed, "get off the floor you idiot. Your embarrassing me" And he held out his hand to help you up. You took it gratefully and out the cape away. "Well I think that just means you'll have to buy everyone some real expensive souvenirs." You laughed still messing with him.

He cracked a small smile, "alright then."

You had been all around the store and got everyone a cool looking souvenir. For honey a stuffed animal that was supposed to be an Asian black bear that inhabited Karouizawa. For mori a cool looking backpack to carry Honeys stuff in. You got the twins each a snow globe and Haruhi a key chain that doubled as a Swiss army blade with all those weird stuff like scissors and nail clippers attached to it. For Tamaki a shirt that said "King of Karouizawa" then lastly Kyoya. You spent the most time finding his. You had to choose between a sentimental gift or a gag one. Which one would he like better?

You had to think what he would even use from a shop like this. After turning several corners and looking through multiple shelves you finally found something.
You checked out together and made sure to hide his gift from him.

You got back to the house and Haruhi wasn't there yet. You all sat around worried about what would happen to the two of them while the storm passed. Eventually Tamaki called Karou to get his ass up and go find Haruhi.

That was the angriest you'd ever seen him. There was so much anger and fear in his voice. Tamaki might have been an idiot, but he cared for Haruhi. Maybe more than anyone else in the club.

Haruhi and Karou returned home safely. But tensions were too high so everyone just decided to go to bed.
Everything was better in the morning. No one was mad at anyone. And it was such a nice day out.
You readied you're gifts to give them after breakfast.

Everyone liked them so much, Honey told you that the bear and Hiku-Chan would be best friends. Mori silently thanked you with a nod. The twins didn't particularly care but were forced by Haruhi to say Thankyou. And Tamaki put his shirt on right after breakfast.
You could tell Kyoya was waiting for his gift and when he never got it he didn't bother to look at you the rest of the day. You wanted to hold off on giving kyoya his gift, You wanted to give it to him later before he left.

And just as you planned you were able to pull him aside right before going out the door. "Hey." You said nervously.
"What is it (n/n)? We have to get going." He said harsher than usual. "Well, I just wanted to give you this." And you held up a tiny bear keychain. He looked very surprised, "I thought you didn't get me anything-" he took the keychain in his hand. He blushed slightly, embarrassed that he ever got so upset about a silly gift.

"You dumbass, of course I did." You chuckled at him. "It's for your notebook so it looks less scary and more.... funny looking"
He gave you his tiny smile that always seemed sincere even if it was a small one. It made you so happy.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a long silvery chain with something sparkly on the end. "And this is your souvenir." He held is up in front of you. It looked really pretty, with the tiny detailed diamond on the end sparkling. "Geez, I didn't know they sold such pretty jewelry at the gift shop." You said trying to think what section of the store he might have gotten it from.

"They don't, that's because I bought this some where else." Kyoya said as he went behind you to put it around your neck. "Wait, you what?!" You exclaimed. "But that's too much and I got you a stupid plastic keychain."

"Calm down, it wasn't that expensive." He sighed finally getting the clasps to close.

"It wasn't that expansive for you, but to a regular person was it?" He paused to think, "tell me." You demanded. "Yes, it was kind of expansive. But your the one who told me to buy really nice souvenirs." He rushed out the door looking a bit frazzled.
"I didn't mean it like that!" You called after him.

You held it in your hand, ' did he seriously go out of his way to buy this for me?' Butterfly's filled your stomach and your cheeks flushed. Kyoya had bought you a real gift that was in no way work related.
You promised to never lose the necklace.

And just as you wore it everyday when school started back up again, Kyoya attached  they little bear keychain to his notebook and carrried it everywhere.