Ch. 48 Family Affairs

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)
(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

Wind was blowing through your hair and your heart was pumping faster than it ever had. "We have to catch up to him!" You shouted over the wind and the crunching gravel.
"We need to go faster!"
"I know! I'm trying!" Karou yells back.
Your big macaroni wig came flying off and you watched it disappear behind you on the dirt road.
'Shit. Kyoyas not getting that thing back'. Not like you were particularly attached to the fancy powdered wig.

'And what am I doing here? Standing on a horse drawn carriage chasing the prince of Ouran through the woods? Not a question I thought I'd ever have to ask myself. Yet here I am.'
A day at Ouran is never normal. Especially not a day like the school festival....

The opening ceremony started successfully. The opening ball that kicked off the festival took place outside the school in the courtyard.
Before heading in to setup music room 3 you got to scope out the dance where you could see Kasanoda being showered with attention from a number of girls.
'What a player', you shook your head and laughed.

Upon entering the music room you noticed it was being used to its full potential. Bigger tables, chandeliers, a fountain. No expense spared.

You had arrived just in time for Tamakis speech to the hosts before guests arrived. You squeezed into the huddle.
"Now remember, as apart of the fair the host club will be open to parents and visitors for the next two days. So for today and tomorrow we have to be charming than usual. Let's get out there and show our honored guests the time of our lives" Everyone nodded in agreement and we broke the huddle.

Guests began flooding into the music room in groups. Mostly daughters guiding their parents around introducing them to the hosts members.

The crowd of parents vaguely reminded you of the crowd at the Ootori museum opening- this sent a shiver down your spine thinking of that night.

Haruhi pushed a cart of sweets around the room as the rest entertained. And if you were to be honest you didn't think anyone would visit. 'I mean, no one in their right mind would ever wanna know that their kid is spending time here?"

To your surprise plenty of parents turned skeptical to impressed and or swooning.

Sure enough Tamaki won them over. All the boys did. Working in the normal flow they easily charmed each and every parent. You got back into your groove too. Your photography skills have gotten noticeably better over the past year and it really has become your happy place. But just as you got into it kyoya approached you with instructions.

Holding his clipboard close to his chest diplomatically, he began robotically instructing you. "We have a lot of high profile visitors coming today and most will not want a camera in their faces. This isn't the same as a regular day at the club. You must ask them before you take their photos."
You half heartedly nodded because you did not wanna be talking to him. But before you could escape the conversation he rested his hand on your shoulder to stop you from walking away. "And you must be polite." And pointed to a fake smile on his face.

Your fists clenched around your camera and you bit the inside of your lip. You preferred to just take photos and enjoy yourself. But now you must interact with them. More than you ever wanted to.

"Of course." You replied through gritted teeth.

He wasn't letting go of your shoulder when he
dropped his fake smile and looked at you. Right in the eyes. Longer and harder than he had in a while. He looked like he wanted to say something. You were trying to avoid eye contact like it was the plague. The patterned tiling on the floor had all of a sudden become incredibly interesting.
"Anything else?" You asked, trying to shrug his hand off your shoulder subtly.