Ch.10 Apologies

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

You knocked on the Fujiokas door and Ranka was the one who opened it. "Hello (y/n)! It's so nice to see you again!" He said in a chipper voice.

He didn't seem to have any makeup on and hadn't shaven. "Hi mr. Fujioka!" You smiled cheerfully at him. You liked mr. Fujioka, he was always so happy but did not take bullshit from anybody.

"I told you, call me Ranka! And Haruhi is in her room. I'll go get her!" He said then closed the door and went to go get her. You took a seat on the steps. After acouple seconds you heard the door open and close. Then footsteps travel over to where you sat.

You turn to face Haruhi, "hey."
"Hey (y/n), whatcha doing here?" She took a seat next to you.

You put down your camera and prepared to swallow your pride. "I came here to apologize. I'm sorry about yesterday." You confessed to her.

There was a bit of silence, and then she turned to you. "(Y/n), I'm not mad at you. Why would you ever think that? I was just concerned" she told you with a soft smile on her face.

"I was still a jerk..... "

"Pfffft- yeah you kinda were." She laughed a little.
You looked over to her and smiled, "ahh whatever"

"But your right. I need to stop holding others at an arms length. I need to stop being okay with.... well not being okay" you chuckled

This was hard to admit. You hated serious moments and expressing your emtions. It physically pained you to admit to others that you might have problems. But Haruhi meant a lot to you, being your only friend at Ouran.

"Well I'm glad you think so. Because the Ouran guys aren't as bad as I make them out to be." She admitted.

"Oh right! Speaking of which" you picked your new camera back up. "I'm the newest official member of the host club. Or well the photographer." You smiled showing her the new camera.

She groaned a little, "did you break something? Are you in debt to them? Is Kyoya behind this?" She questioned you almost like this was a regular occurrence.

"Well.... technically I offered to.... but at the same time..." you were hesitant to tell her.
"Yeah?...."
"I sucker punched him in the face..." you said slowly

She covered her mouth in surprise, "you what?!" She wanted to sound concerned but laughed escaped her mouth.

And soon the both of you were a mess of giggles. You felt better, getting stuff off your chest and hearing that she wasn't mad. She meant a lot to you. Being your only friend you weren't about to let her hate you or make her think you hated her.

After you two were able to stop laughing you got up to go to the park for a quick practice photo shoot. You had Haruhi sit on swings or in the grass to get candid photos of her. Then practiced poses.

The photos came out really well. The two of you sat in the grass and scrolled through them. "Isn't this the new camera you had wanted? Did your dad get it for you? After what happened to your old one.." She asked while looking through all the photos.

"Oh, ahaha no. It was a gift from Kyoya, he gave it to me after asking me.... forcing me to join the host club" you chuckled remembering his offer as you sat puffy eyed and snot nosed and blood dripping down his chin.

"Really? A gift? That's so unlike him. He must have taken a liking to you." She said

You blushed a little, you hoped he liked you. But you knew that this was his pity speaking. He tolerated you because you were Haruhis friend not despite of it.
You wanted to be special but putting your faith in people like him wasn't your thing.

"Nah, it's just a bribe to get me to join" you laughed
"Hmmm, I don't know. He always has a reason for everything. And bribing you wouldn't be it. He'd threaten if anything. I think he's taken a liking to you. But who knows" she said

"A liking to me? He still calls me commoner and idiot." You said rolling your eyes

"That's better than most. He doesn't show interest in most people besides the host club. He has no reason to talk to you yet he does... I'd call that something" she shrugged.

You didn't respond to what she had said, just watched the park.
The sun shined through the shade of the trees. And the leaves swayed softly in the passing breeze. It was a really nice day.

You didn't wanna consider the possibility of him liking you. No point in getting your hopes up. And yet your dumbass continued to tease and flirt and ogle at him.
Damnit he was hot.

The rest of your day you spent taking photos and hanging out with Haruhi. It was fun. Just what you needed.

This chapter was more about character progression then anything, kinda boring. Sorry!! Tell me if you guys like it so far! And thanks for reading💖