Ch.42 Sweet Irony

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

You return to school the following day with a new blossom of hope for your relationship. That hope being that Kyoya realized what it was like to be without you and understood why you were upset. Your hope helped you keep your chin up while passing him in the halls and taking pictures in the club.

"You seem much more chipper than usual." Hikaru comments on your smile at lunch. (Because now you sit with these losers + Haruhi)
"Uhhh yeah. I guess I just have a feeling today will be a good day." You tell him, no hint of sarcasm in your voice. Which takes him by surprise.
Haruhi gives you a smile, happy you're looking up today. Although she doesn't know the reason for your attitude.
"A good day? What do you mean good day? We've got a test in geometry today!" Kaoru says bewildered by the thought of thinking this is a day worth smiling at.

"Crap, seriously?" You ask
"Yep. You want my notes?"
"Yes please!" You beg him
"Sure, their in my locker we can go get them now." He gets up and picks up his tray of half finished food. You follow suit, grateful for the nicer twin Kaoru.
"And this is why you are my favorite twin."
"I heard that!" Hikaru yells at you from where he sits but doesn't bother to go over and pick a fight.

Kaoru bursts out laughing and so do you. Just as this happens Kyoya passes you. And for a split second you can feel the heat his glare on you and Karou but you aren't sure if you imagined it because he's walking past you before you can blink twice.

'Definitely imagined that...'
You are able to convince yourself of this because he has no reason to glare at Kaoru and you are confident that he will confront you soon.

You shower Kaoru with thanks for his notes and then head off to your next class.
The rest of the day passes smoothly and you're ready for club.

When photoing Kyoya you try to study his face carefully and conspicuously for any change in his demeanor but there is none. What you do notice is that he is sitting with the same blonde freckly girl since the last like four days. She smiles and giggles at his phoney romantic gestures. At one point he lifts her dainty hand and plants a kiss onto it. This makes her beat red and visibly dizzy.

You once again, remove yourself from that side of the room. 'It's his job.' You remind yourself 'you can't be mad him.'.

When you've gotten enough photos so you sit next to Kaoru and debate as to whether or not Tamaki could physically pop a vein when he gets angry. You put ten bucks on yes.

By the end of club time there's a bit of a commotion by Kyoya and his group of girls. You turn around to see the blonde girl jumping up and down in front of Kyoya who is now standing too. She does what you don't expect, she jumps at him with her arms wide open for a hug and even more surprising kyoya opens his arms willingly to accept it. This makes you stand up abruptly.

Your brain tells you that you know better than to go over there but your feet won't listen. Like a magnet you are pulled there.
The blonde girl is still in Kyoyas arms as he supports most of her weight with her feet pretty much off the ground.

"Yes yes yes Thankyou!" She squeals.
The girl spots you watching from a bit of a distance and waves you over. And this confuses you even more. You squint st her and slowly walk over. "What?" You say a bit too harshly.

"Take our photo!" She holds close to Kyoya and points to your camera.
"Yes, please do." Kyoya smiles at the girl not even looking to you.

You could actually snap this girl in half right now. But instead you lift the camera to your eye and snap a few pictures.
"Oh Kyoya I'm just so happy you've asked me to the dance at the school festival, I've always wanted to go with you but I didn't think you'd ever ask and I just-" blah blah blah.

Only one part of her rant snags your attention. 'I'm so happy you've asked me to the dance.' You sit there blank not even understanding the sentence. 'Ask her... to the dance....' you slow down the sentence.

And when the meaning finally registers your eyes are stricken full of panic and your brows furrowed in anger. But no words come as you watch the girl hug him tightly and him hug her back.

The anger has turned to adrenaline that you don't know what to do with. Unbridled hatred runs like electricity through your body and before you know it your feet are moving swiftly out the door. White noise rings in your ears and the voices calling for you blur into the back of your head.

You walk quickly but you aren't sure to where. All you know is that you need to break something. Throw something. Smash something. But everything within a 20 mile radius is too expensive to break. So you make your way to the rose garden, into the maze and end up tearing out roses from the bushes. Your anger only stifles when you feel a thick, warm, sticky substance in your hands. Blood from the thorns in your skin.

You wipe it on the grass not caring all too much.

You sit on the same stone bench you had sat on when Kyoya made you official photographer for his club at the beginning of the year. This brings tears to your eyes. Kyoya. You can't stop thinking about Kyoya and what he did. The thought of Kyoya asking another girl out only a week after things end with you. Tears sting the corner of your eyes but suddenly your remember the irony of sitting where you were: When Kyoya secured you a spot as the photographer you had been crying in this same spot and his exact words were, "don't waste your tears on people and things that are beneath you.". The irony is almost laughable.

"Great advice" you say aloud to no one. No one but the statues of angles and beautiful people placed all around the rose maze. All their stone faces frozen in time cursed to watch you cry, unable to tear their cemented eyes away from your pitiful state.

Word count: 1157