Ch. 35 Date night pt.2

(⚠️TW elements of self harm and depression in certain chapters⚠️)(y/n) = your name(L/n) = last name (N/n)= nickname Bold and underlined = authors note'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'"Quotation marks is external dialogue"I do not o...

(y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(N/n)= nickname
Bold and underlined = authors note
'Italicized with apostrophe is internal dialogue'
"Quotation marks is external dialogue"
I do not own ouran high school host club or any of the characters in it

Your hands begin to sweat in anticipation but you couldn't bare to wipe them on your dress so you end up rubbing your moist plans on the leather seats but your hands just slide right off.

You didn't know why you were so nervous. You had spent months with kyoya. At the club, in his house, at school. This should be just another day with him. But it doesn't feel like it.
The anticipation has your stomach doing cartwheels.

Kyoya ,however, doesn't seem to break a sweat.
'Damn you and your composure kyoya'

To distract yourself you watch the surroundings outside your window change. You're in the city going over a bridge. The sun about to set it's the perfect view from over the water. Soon you are driving between the skyscrapers and tall buildings. The busy streets seem to be alive. Traffic going every which way, the sidewalks teeming with people who are having fun on a Friday night.

The limousine stops in front of a giant stone and marble building. The grand steps lead up to pillars and four sets of doors. If your eyes go higher you see the intricate designs in the stone. The carvings look like a Greek tragedy. And above that you see the enourmous glass ceiling.

A giant red carpet is laid out down the steps and through the open entrance.

You watch as other fancy looking people arrive in cars with their exquisite outfits and expensive looking demeanors.

Before making your way up the steps you stop kyoya. "Hey, let's take a picture first. A selfie." You beg him.
He scrunches his nose in distaste but you really want one. So in the end the driver ends up taking a photo of you too in front of the building and you sneak in one selfie when he isn't looking.

Your reasoning was that you looked hot and wanted a pic. And actual proof that you were on a date with him. Not for anyone else. Just yourself. So you can look at it and say, 'wow that's me and kyoya. Kyoya and I. Together.'

"Shall we?" Kyoya offers you the crook of his elbow which you take gratefully.
"We shall."

Walking up the length of the stairs made you wish you had practiced more in the heels. All the women around you seemed to climb it gracefully in their much taller shoes. But thankfully kyoya steadied you and made you look better at walking then you actually were.

Upon entering you quickly realize this is a museum. An art museum.

"What's with all the.... 'Gatsbys'?" You whisper to kyoya gesturing to all the rich looking people.

"It's a Galla opening." He whisper back.

'Oh. Uh cool I guess.' You weren't expecting this but it wasn't a bad surprise especially not if kyoya was there.

Kyoya began guiding you through the museum. It seemed to never end, room upon room of paintings and sculptures and the fancy people that viewed them.
"There are some Edvard Munch and Ernest Ludwig Kirchner paintings I've been wanting to see." He begins to walk and you being attached to him by the elbow follow suit.

These paintings he wanted to see weren't as boring as you expected them to be. They all seemed to be oil or pastel paintings. Kyoya had told you they were "expressionist".

"I pegged you for more of the... modern art kind of guy." You admit.
"Why's that?" He asks, eyes still trained on the painting in front of him.

'Because it's cold and boring and straight forward and feels isolating and calculating like you.' You want to tell him honestly. But that's sorta mean, so instead you say: "idk it just does."

You move to get a better look at the painting he is so carefully studying. It is labeled: "the dead mother" or "the child and death". It's quite plainly exactly what it says. A small child stands with their back to their dead limp mother, facing out towards you with her hands over her ears. It seems as though the child is looking right at the viewer of the painting as if to say, "Please help me. My mother is gone and I don't know what to do"

You look to kyoya and there are almost tears in his eyes when he suddenly notices you studying him.

"You're supposed to look at the art ya know."
"I am" you wiggle your eyebrows seductively.

He rolls his eyes, "you're the only person I know cheesie enough to ruin a a classic painting."

"The one and only. Now come on, I wanna go look at the photography"

This time it's your turn to drag him through the decorative halls towards the enormous room that holds the photography.

Then you both wander about looking at all different types of art. Sculptures made of clay and metal and junk alike.

There's one sculpture that is just a chair with a banana on it and kyoya has to drag you away because you won't stop laughing at how dumb it is and how dumb you think the people surrounding it sound.

You turn to kyoya as you walk and mock the people at the chair banana sculpture, "well you see I think it's a reflection of today's vastly growing economy and how we must sell apart of our own lives to add the the ever growing atmosphere that is this capitalistic society." You say in a taught high voice mimicking a lady you and kyoya had the fortune of standing next to.

Kyoya can't hold back a laugh. He even pokes fun at some of the goofy live art. Like for example: there was a fully naked man entrapped in a glass box smothering himself with dirt and peanut butter.

You both snicker to yourselves then have to leave before people become agitated by our comments. "Man you rich people have the weirdest taste."

"Oh definitely. In fact I was tempted to send you that chair banana sculpture as a gift instead of that dress." He muses playing along with your antics and bantering.

"Ahahha, you should have!"

The night is going thrillingly. The swarms of fancy rich people don't bother you and some of the paintings and art is actually really pretty and with kyoya by your side nothing can really go wrong. His coldness is replaced with a cheery warmth you rarely get to see at school. He relaxes with you on his arm. Not trying to hide you or anything. Nothing can go wrong.

Well.... That's how it seems for the first couple of hours at least.

You are just making it to the ceramics room, laughing about how one of the bowls looked like an uncomfortable looking toilet when you suddenly feel kyoya go rigid. You feel the muscles tighten in his arm under your hand. His face is knit in concentration, eyes piercing through the crowd.

"Here we go." He says pulling you through the crowd gracefully.
"Here we go where?" You ask confused.
But are no longer confused when you see exactly what is in kyoyas eye line. Or not what but who.

Mr. and Mrs. Ootori are standing at the center of a group telling a very hearty story before they spot you and kyoya gesturing for the two of you to join them. They flash you a smile so convincing you yourself almost forgot that they despise you.

'What the hell is kyoya doing?' Is the only thought that races through your head as you rapidly approach his parents.

Word count: 1318