Ch.17 Naps

Before you knew it you were back at school again and you fell back into your daily routines

Not a whole lot changed between you and Kyoya since your trip to Karuizawa, at least nothing negative. He  still looked stone faced half the time and still called you idiot. But every once in a while if you pestered him enough and if you weren't in public, he let you hold his hand.

Everytime you two studied in the library you would reach out and pull at his finger on his left hand till he would interlace his fingers with yours. His lips would slightly curve into the shape of a smile but never longer than a second and it was gone.

Kyoya himself never asked to hold your hand, he was never the first one to reach out and grab it. Part of that hurt you. All you wanted was him to reciprocate his feelings. So you know that this isn't just him messing around. But everytime he held your hand back those thoughts disappeared.

He continued to work diligently, writing with his right hand and holding yours with his left. You always watched him work, lying your head on the table concentrating on his eyes moving back and forth.

Sometimes he noticed you staring and and would look up from his work to meet your eyes then look back down.
This for some reason made you really happy.

He kept the little bear keychain you got him from the shop in kuruizawa on his black notebook he always carried around. The girls who visited the host club noticed it and asked him who gave him the keychain and if he was into that kind of stuff.

He always told them his sister got it for him as to not upset any of the customers. And soon enough everyday girls brought him little bear keychains of all colors shapes and sizes.
But he only kept yours.

When the girls asked where he put them or why he didn't have them with him he had no problem lying through his teeth everyday and telling them that he kept every single one of them at home.

It was kinda scary how easily he lied. But you figured that it was kind of his job....

One day you walked to your spot in the library where you and Kyoya sat everyday. You expected to find him typing away on his laptop but instead he had his head down on the desk with his glasses off.

It was almost kind of scary seeing him this peaceful, he wasn't making any weird faces or scowling. But he also wasn't putting on a fake smile and a polite face. It was nice. His black hair hung in front of his face a little, so you lightly ran your fingers through his hair. Brushing it to the side and softly rubbing his head.

He began to stir so you pulled back but all the sudden he grabbed your hand and put it back on his head. This surprised you not knowing he was awake. "Omg, sorry-"

He mumbled a little for you to keep going. You laughed a little and pulled up a chair next to him. You sat there and played with his hair, running your hand through it. You watched him sleep, his chest rising and falling. His exhales barely audible. How was it possible someone looked so good while asleep?

'Hes too damn pretty'

After acouple  more minutes of you just playing with his hair his eyes fluttered open and he sat up and stretched.

"Sorry I fell asleep" he said through a yawn and out his glasses back on his face.

"It's alright, sorry I woke you up" you smiled at him.

"It's okay, you didn't" he immediately went back to working.
You continued to watch him, "so, why were you so tired."

He sat back in his chair, "Tamakis really been pushing the budget lately. I've been up since three in the morning setting things up for the next theme club meeting"

"What's the theme?" You asked
"Mardi Gras" he rolled his eyes.

After a little bit of silence you got an idea.
"What if you got some help?" You suggested, "I could help you out and make sure you get a lot more work done."

He paused to think about it, "hmmm, are you sure? I doubt your up to it. It's just a lot of paperwork and shopping."

"Are you kidding me?! I'm the queen of paperwork" you laughed.
He nodded his head, "alright. Well I need to get it done this week. So how about Saturday?"
He asks

"Sounds like a date."

"I'll pick you up at 11"he goes back to working.
"Ughhhh, can't we just take the train?" Not wanting to attract attention in his fancy car.

"No." And that was the end of that
"Fiinnee" you conceded

It was finally your turn to lay your head down on the desk to take a nap. You fell into a deep sleep, and without knowing Kyoya ran his hands through your hair and watched over you as you slept.

Although he would never admit it when you were conscious.

I accidentally deleted this entire chapter so I head to rewrite it and I liked the first version better💀😭