Chapter 30

*Jack's POV*

I walk back towards Alyssa's room.

"NURSE! NURSE!" Cameron yells running out of her room.

"What's going on?" the nurse asks running towards the room.

"I went to pull up her blanket when I saw blood everywhere" Cameron says in tears.

I practically sprint into her room.

"WHAT HAPPENED?"

"I don't know Jack! I just...there's so much blood Jack" Cameron yells frantically.

"Ok, both of you need to calm down. The doctors will take care of her. You two need to just wait in the waiting room" the nurse says sternly.

"No, I'm not going anywhere" I respond.

"Jack, c'mon if you want the doctors to help Alyssa, we have to go wait in the waiting room" Cameron says.

"Alyssa, I'll be right here when you get back. I promise I won't go anywhere."

Everything is running through my mind right now. The first time I saw Alyssa. The first time we kissed. The first time I fell in love with her. I start to feel the room spinning.

All of a sudden I collapse.

*Cameron's POV*

"JACK? JACK?" I yell trying to wake Jack up.

"CAN SOMEBODY HELP US? PLEASE? Jack wake up" I said, shaking Jack.

"What happened?" the nurse asks.

"I don't know. He just collapsed. You have to help him" Cameron says.

"Ok, let's just get him on this gurney. He probably just passed out because of the stress he's under" the nurse says calmly.

I help the nurse lift Jack onto the gurney. The nurse grabs some water and splashes it on Jack's face.

Jack wakes up.

"Jack, you're ok. I'm right here. We're at the hospital and they just took Alyssa into surgery" I said.

"What happened?" Jack asks groggily.

"You passed out. They said it's probably from stress."

"How's Alyssa?" Jack asks.

"They don't know yet. She's still in surgery. The doctor should be coming by soon to tell us what's going on."

"Mr. Gilinsky, the police are here to speak to you" the nurse says.

"Great" Jack says sarcastically.

Jack gets up and walks over to the police.

*Jack's POV*

"Are you Mr. Gilinsky?" the officer asks.

"Call me Jack."

"Ok, Jack, we were told that you are Alyssa James' emergency contact, so we wanted to let you know what happened during the accident" the officer says.

"Jack, it was a semi-truck that hit Alyssa and Samuel. According to our records, the driver has been in multiple accidents before. The driver should've had his license suspended, but the company never followed through with the paper work. So, when Alyssa and Samuel recover they can choose to go after the company for some sort of settlement, and/or any other type of legal action. We'll come back and tell Alyssa when she recovers. We just thought you'd like to know" the officer explains.

"How much damage was done to her car?"

"Unfortunately, her car was totaled. The driver's side wasn't nearly as bad as the passenger side of the vehicle. The truck driver must've tried to turn to miss the car but he turned too late" the officer says.

"Oh my god" I said putting my head in my hands.

"Your friends are lucky to be alive. I'm sorry that this happened to them" the officer says.

"Yeah, me too."

"ANYONE HERE FOR JAMES, ALYSSA?" the doctor yells.

"Sorry, I have to go" I say to the officer.

"I understand. Jack, I'm sorry again. I hope everything goes well" the officer says.

"Thanks."

"I'M RIGHT HERE" I yell, running up to the doctor.

"Jack, how are you holding up? I heard you passed out in the waiting room" the doctor asks.

"I'm more worried about Alyssa right now. Can you tell me what's going on?"

"Right. Well, Alyssa had some serious internal bleeding. We thought we had it under control, but it ended up being worse than we thought. We we're able to stop all of the bleeding, but she's going to be in a lot of pain. She's in the recovery room now. They should be bringing her back up here in a few minutes" the doctor explains.

"Ok, thank you doctor."

I didn't even realize Cameron was standing right behind me.

"Well, at least they stopped the bleeding" Cameron says.

"Jesus Christ Cam!" I said, jumping at least two feet in the air.

"Sorry bro, I thought you saw me standing here" Cameron says.

"Obviously I didn't."

"Look Jack, you really need to just relax. You're going off on everyone, and all they're doing is just trying to help. Do you really think Alyssa would want you to be acting like this?" Cameron asks.

"DON'T EVEN GO THERE!" I yell.

"Jack, look at you! You're a mess! You need to fix yourself before they bring Alyssa back up here. If she sees you like this, she'll make you leave. The last thing she needs right now is to have to worry about you. Just clean yourself up, that's all I ask. If you won't do it for me, at least do it for her" Cameron says.

"Cam...I....I'm sorry. I just...I'm so scared. I don't know what to do" I said, crying.

Cameron pulls me into a tight hug.

"She's going to be ok Jack. You guys will get through this" Cameron says.

"I'm going to go to your house and grab you some clothes and stuff, ok? I'll be back in a little while" Cameron says.

"Alright, thanks man."

I walks into Alyssa's room and sit and wait for the nurses to bring her back up from the recovery room.