Chapter 11

Sam turns the radio down as soon as I get into the car.

"Hey princess" Sam says trying to be as sweet as possible.

"Hey Sammy, thanks for picking me up" I respond.

"Anytime. So what happened Alyssa" Sam asks.

"Well... Jack was just using me"

"Usually I would agree with you on that, but there's something different about you. He really likes you. If you were any other girl I'd say he was just using you, but you're different" Sam says.

"Alyssa I have to tell you something" Sam says.

"Ok, what is it?"

"The only other girl that has ever been to that lake house was his ex. He never brings any girl there. You were the first one he's brought there since Leigh. He only brings the girls he's in a serious relationship with to the lake house" Sam says.

"Sam how many girls has Jack been with?" I ask sounding pissed off.

"I don't know. We don't really keep track of the girls we hook up with" Sam says.

"Great. Well, I couldn't have been that different then" I say.

"What are you talking about" Sam asks sounding confused.

"Jack and I... we had sex....and then he said I was better than the other girls he's been with. I asked him how many girls he had been with and he answered the same way you just did. He didn't know. He doesn't keep track of his one-night stands. I'm just another one of his one-night stands."

"Are you serious? You think you're just another one of his one-night stands? Did you not just hear what I said about the lake house? He only brings the girls he's really serious about there. He brought you there on your first date! Doesn't that mean something to you? So what, he's been with a lot of girls. He's not with them now. He chose you over them. He used to be that guy that hooked up with a lot of girls. He's not that guy around you Alyssa" Sam explains.

"Then why did he sleep with me tonight" I ask.

"You're joking right? If you would've been on a date with me tonight and you were dressed like that, I'd sleep with you too. I mean, look at you, you're gorgeous, and your ass... don't even get me started. He probably was just thinking with the wrong head" Sam says laughing.

"Sam" I say lightly hitting his shoulder.

"I'm just saying" he says laughing.

He pulls up to Jess' house and we both get out of the car.

Jess runs out and hugs me.