Chapter 23

I start the car and quickly and pull out of the parking lot.

"So, how'd it go?" Sam asks after a few seconds.

"Jesus. You scared me. I forgot you were there" I said laughing.

"I know. That's why I figured I should say something" he replies laughing.

"Well, he told me he loved me. He also said it was ok if I didn't love him back. But he really wants me to go to this party he's throwing tonight."

"Wow. So, do you love him?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I just met the guy like a week ago. I just.... I have no idea. Will you go with me to the party tonight?"

"Of course I'll go with you. I'll always be here for you, ok?" Sam says as he grabs my hand.

He holds my hand almost the entire car ride home.

I pull into the driveway and just sit there with Sam for a few minutes.

"So can we just pretend I never told you that I have feelings for you?" Sam asks.

"Sure" I said reaching for the door handle.

"Ok, oh and one more thing, can we forget this never happened?" Sam asks.

"What never happ-" I begin to say.

Sam cuts me off by kissing me.

"Sammy, what the hell?"

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I just really wanted to kiss you. Just once. I just wanted to see what it was like to kiss the prettiest girl on this planet."

"Well in that case..."

I grab him by the collar of his shirt and lean in for a kiss.

We kiss passionately for about a minute, and then I pull away.

"Wow, so that's what that feels like" Sam says laughing.

"Ok, are you good now?" I ask laughing.

"Yeah, I' good. Wait, if I say no, will you kiss me again?" Sam asks jokingly.

"No" I reply smiling.

"I guess I'm good then. I promise I won't try and kiss you again."

We both get out of the car and walk to the front door.

"Well I'm gonna take off. I should probably see if Jack needs help setting up for the party. I'll pick you up at 8, ok?" Sam says.

"Ok, I'll see you then."

He pulls me into a hug and then walks towards his car.

I walk inside and close the door behind me.

I run upstairs and jump onto my bed, screaming into a pillow.