Chapter 3

*Alyssa's POV*

We get to the store and we're both laughing as we walk in.

"I've always wanted makeup from CVS" I say sarcastically.

Jess laughs and playfully hits me.

We walk back to the makeup section and notice a group of guys standing around.

One of the guys picks up a bright red tube of lipstick and tosses it to the guy standing next to him.

"That color would look great with your skin tone" Jess says laughing.

"Uh, thanks" the guy says as he practically jumps up and hides the tube behind his back.

None of the guys had noticed that we were even in the same isle as them until now.

I can feel their eyes on me and Jess as we look through the eye shadows and mascaras.

One of the guys walks up to us.

"Why are you ladies even looking at this makeup? You both look beautiful without it." the guy says.

"Wow aren't you just the sweetest" I say sarcastically.

"I'm Sam, Sam Wilkinson" he says.

"Nice to meet you Sam! My name's Jessica" Jess says excitedly.

"Are you serious right now? He's just trying to get in your pants" I say angrily.

"Well I guess it's that time of the month for someone" Sam says looking at me.

"You did not just say that" the guy behind Sam says.

"Oh I think he did" I say as I get ready to punch him.

Jess grabs me and holds me back as the guy behind Sam pulls him away from me.

I get Jessica off of me and turn around and walk away.

"Alyssa wait" Jess says.

"Way to go, dumbass." the guy holding back Sam says.

The guy holding Sam lets him go and runs after me.

"Hey wait up!" he says chasing after me.

I turn around and see him running towards me.

I stop and wait for him.

"Look I'm really sorry about my friend Sam. He can be an asshole sometimes. I'm Jack Gilinsky." Jack says.

"Is your friend always like that?" Jess asks.

"Yeah he's kind of a dick" Jack says.

"Wow, so it is true. All guys are assholes" I say sarcastically.

Jack just stands there awkwardly.

Jess hits my shoulder.

"Sorry she's just getting over a bad break up" Jess says to Jack.

"It's ok. I totally understand. I'm actually just getting over one too" Jack says.

"Really?" Jess asks.

"Yeah we were together for a year and then all of a sudden she just breaks up with me" Jack explains.

"Can you give us a sec? We'll be right back?" Jess asks Jack as she grabs me and pulls me into another isle.

"Ok" Jack says with a confused look on his face.

"Please tell me you're going to get his number? Actually, you don't have a choice, you're getting it. I'm gonna leave you two alone for a few minutes while I go apologize to Sam for my crazy friend" Jess says.

"Whatever" I said as I walked back into the same isle as Jack.

"Hey so I'll be right back I'm gonna go apologize to Sam" Jess says to Jack.

"Ok, I'm just warning you he's a complete asshole though. I honestly don't even know why you're going to apologize to him. He should be the one apologizing" Jack says laughing.

Jess walks over to where Sam and the other guys are standing.