Chapter 41

*Jack's POV*

The doctor called Sam and I back into the room, but I didn't go.

I was so mad at Sam that I couldn't even think straight.

He was my friend before he was Alyssa's, so why is he choosing her over me?

He likes her, that's why.

There's no other reason he'd choose her over me.

God, he makes me so mad sometimes.

I walked out to the parking lot to get some fresh air.

I came back in and decided to go see how Alyssa's doing.

I walk into her room and her and Sam were laughing about something.

I decided to stand at the foot of the bed because if I got any closer to Sam, I'd probably punch him.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Um, hi Jack. I'm feeling a little better."

"That's good."

"Yeah...so what are you still doing here?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"Oh, ok, well I'm fine so you can go now."

"Ok, I'll just talk to you later then."

"No, Jack, I don't think you should talk to her later. I think you need to just let her be right now."

Why the fuck does this kid always have to open his mouth? Alyssa can clearly speak for herself.

"Well Sam, I think Alyssa can think and speak for herself."

"Jack, I'll just talk to you later, ok?" she says.

"Ok" I say walking out.

Sam gives me a dirty look as I walk out.

*Alyssa's POV*

"That was awkward" I say to Sam.

"Yeah. Sorry, I thought for sure he left."

"It's ok Sam, it's not your fault."

"You know he's not going to leave you alone unless you tell him to."

"I know Sam, I'll tell him tonight. I just... I still love him Sam. It's not going to be easy."

I didn't want to cry in front of Sam, but I just couldn't hold back the tears.

I love Jack, and he loved me. Key word there is loved. I really thought we were going to last for a while. He made it sound like he really wanted to make us work, and then all of a sudden he just breaks up with me. I don't know what his problem is, but I intend to find out tonight.

Sam sits next to me and holds my hand, wiping the tears away as they fall down my face.

"Alyssa, it looks like you're all set to go home. We'll just wait for Jessica to come, she can sign the last of the papers and then you can go" the doctor says.

"Actually, Sam's going to take me home and stay with me."

"Alyssa, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Alright look doctor, I know you think having Sam stay with me is a bad idea, but if Jessica stayed with me, we'd probably get into more fights than Sam and I would. I truly think I'd be better off with Sam, so that's who I going to have stay with me. Thank you for being so concerned, but this is my decision and I've decided to have Sam stay with me."

"Well, alright then, Sam just has to sign these papers and then you're free to go. I truly hope I don't see you back here again. Good luck Alyssa."

"Thank you."

Sam signs the papers and the doctor brings over a wheel chair.

I grab my clothes and walk into the bathroom and change.

Luckily the pair of stitches that opened was lower than my bra line, so they were able to leave my bra on.

I walk out and Sam is waiting for me.

"Can I just walk instead of using the wheelchair?"

"As long as you hold onto Sam and go slow, I think you'll be fine" the doctor says as he walks out with the wheelchair.

"Ok, thanks."

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you want to walk?"

"Yes Sam, I'll be fine."

"Ok, let's get going then. I called Johnson, so he should be waiting outside for us."

"Ok."

I hold onto Sam as we walk out.

We get into Johnson's car and we're back at my house within 20 minutes.

When we get back to my house, Sam helps me out of the car and then walks me upstairs to my room.

"Ok, wait right here, I'm going to go say bye to Johnson and then I'll be back. We can order something for dinner and then watch Netflix."

"Ok" I say smiling.

I'm so glad Sam is staying with me. I don't know what it is about him, but I think I'm really starting to like him. That's probably not a good thing, but I don't really care right now.

*Sam's POV*

I run downstairs and outside to where Johnson is waiting in his car.

"Alright, thanks for the ride man."

"No problem. So, how's she doing?"

"She's going to be ok. She's stronger than we think."

"True. You know Jack's coming over later, right?"

"I do now."

"Oh, he talked to me earlier and said that he was going to come over to talk to Alyssa tonight."

"He told her that he was just going to talk to her later. I thought he meant he was going to call her. I didn't think he had the balls to actually come back here after this morning."

"I don't know man, just make sure you two don't get into a fight."

"I don't know if I'll be able to control myself if he actually comes over here tonight."

"Just try and behave for Alyssa's sake."

"I'll try."

"Alright Sam, just don't kill him, ok?"

"No promises."

Johnson and I both laugh.

He pulls away and I walk back inside.