Chapter 38

*Alyssa's POV*

We pull up to my house and I practically jump out of the car.

"Whoa, easy tough guy" Sam says grabbing onto my waist.

"Sorry, I'm just really happy to be home."

"Just take it easy, ok?" Sam asks holding my hand.

"Ok" I say smiling at him.

We walk up to the door and he opens it for me.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone jumps out and yells.

I jump almost two feet in the air.

"Welcome home princess!" Sam says, flashing that perfect smile.

"Sam, was this your idea?"

"Maybe..." He says with a smirk.

"That would explain the giant smirk you've had on your face all morning."

I pull him into a hug.

"Thank you Sammy" I whisper in his ear.

I take turns lightly hugging everyone.
Then, we all move into the kitchen where there's pizza and sushi.

"Ok, who ordered the sushi?" I ask laughing.

"I did. I know it's your favorite and since hospital food sucks, I thought Chinese food and pizza would make everything better" Jess explains as she hugs me.

"Ok everyone, let's finish eating so Alyssa can go open her gifts" Johnson says motioning to the living room.

"Gifts? Are you guys serious? You did not have to get me anything."

"Are you saying you don't want the gifts? Because if that's the case then we can take them back" Jess says jokingly.

"No, I'm just saying you guys didn't have to do that, I'm glad you did, but you didn't have to."

Everyone laughs.

"Alright let's go open your gifts" Sam says leading everyone into the living room.

We walk into the living room and there's a huge pile of gifts.

"Oh my god you guys! I'm not dying!" I say laughing.

"We all felt terrible about what happened, and we know that the last couple of days have been pretty tough, so we just wanted to try and make things a little better" Johnson says.

"Well thank you all so much."

I open the gifts to find beautiful jewelry, new outfits, and hand written letters/cards from everyone.

"I love you all so much. Thank you for all of this. You guys are amazing."

They all come over to me and we all gather into a huge group hug.

"Ok, I have one more surprise for you" Sam says.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the garage. That is the last place I want to go right now. There's nothing in there. Jack told me my car was totaled, so unless they brought back my totaled car as a joke then I don't know why we're walking towards the garage. Everyone follows us to the garage. Sam puts his hands over my eyes so that I can't see. Oh god. I don't know why I'm so scared right now. He leads me into the garage and I can see the lights switch on as the door opens.

"Ok, you can open your eyes now" Sam says moving his hands away from my eyes.

Oh my god.

"Sam, what the hell is this?" I ask as I stare at the beautiful brand new Range Rover sitting in my garage.

"Jack told me that your car was totaled, and then the police came to talk to me about the accident and everything. So, the driver of the semi-truck paid us a settlement instead of facing life in prison. I used my half to buy you a new Range Rover because Jess told me how much you loved that car. I know the accident wasn't my fault, but I felt guilty because your car got wrecked so..." Sam explains.

I jump into his arms as tears run down my face. I don't even care how much pain I'm in right now.

"Sam, you're amazing. Thank you so much! I love it! It looks identical to the one I had. Oh my god!"

"I'm glad you like it. Oh, I also had your license plate changed."

I looked at the license plate to see what it said.
Of course, it read "PRINCESS"

"Aw, Sam! It's amazing, but I can't except it."

"What? Why not?"

"You can't spend that kind of money on me. I won't allow it."

"Oh well, I can't return it so I guess that means you're keeping it."

"Well I'm paying you for it."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"Just stop arguing. I win. You lose. You're keeping the car."

"Fine" I say sarcastically.

I hug Sam one more time.

"Ok let's go back inside and watch movies now" Johnson says.

We all walk back inside after I take one last look at the car.

We all cuddle up with each other on the couch and pick a movie on Netfilx.
Everyone is smiling and laughing, and I'm so happy right now. The only thing that could make this better is if Jack was here. I feel Sam's arms snake around my waist. He just looks at me and flashes that perfect smile of his.

After the movie, everyone gets up and heads back into the kitchen.

"Ok, so now what?" I ask.

"I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm going to head home" Cameron says walking up to the table where the rest of us were sitting.

"Yeah, my pain medicine is starting to wear off, I should probably go lay down."

Everyone takes turn hugging me and saying their goodbyes.

"Thank you all so much for coming over and throwing this awesome party for me!"

"Let's just not make this a habit, ok?" Taylor says jokingly as he hugs me.

"Ok" I reply laughing.

Everyone walks out leaving me and Sammy alone.

"Go up to bed, I'll clean everything up" Sam says walking me towards my room.

"Are you sure you don't want help?"

"I'm sure. Just go get some rest. I'll come and lay with you when I'm done."

"Ok" I say kissing his cheek.

"Thanks for this Sam, and thanks for not inviting Jack."

"You're welcome Alyssa, but I invited Jack, he just never showed up."

"Oh, well, whatever, I'm going to bed."

"Goodnight" Sam says kissing my forehead.

Sam finishes cleaning up, and then he comes upstairs and lays in bed with me.