Chapter 50

I wake up and feel a warm body laying next to mine.
I roll over and realize that it's Jack.
I slowly try to get up, without making any noise or excessive movements.
I walk into the bathroom, fix my hair, and then I brush my teeth. I walk past the guest bedroom and see that the sheets are all wrinkled up. I walk in and see Sam laying there with his hand in his pants. He's so cute.

"Sam? Did you spend the night here? I thought Nate was coming to get you?"

"Morning princess, he did pick me up. I went to the gym this morning at 9, and now I'm here. I was waiting for you to wake up so I came upstairs and went to wait for you to wake up, but I must've fallen asleep" he says as he gets off of the bed.

"Oh" I respond.

He picks me up off of the ground and twirls me around. He hugs me and then puts me down.

"I missed falling asleep next to you last night."

"I know, I'm sorry about all of this Sam. I feel terrible."

"Why?"

"Because I know how you feel about me Sam, and I feel like I was just leading you on, and that's not what I was trying to do. And with Jack just showing up here last night, we didn't really get to talk about what's going to happen with us."

"Alyssa, I told you I wasn't going to do anything about my feelings for you. You need a friend and that's what I'm going to be. I know that you love Jack, and this is your chance to work things out, so I don't want to get in the way of that."

"I know this is my chance to fix things with Jack, but I don't know if I want to."

"Why wouldn't you want to fix things with him? I thought you loved him?"

"I do love him Sam, but I have feelings for you too. And you've been there for me when Jack hasn't, and I just don't know what to do."

"Well, I think you need to give Jack a chance, and if things don't work out between you two, then you know that I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you Sammy" I say wrapping my arms around him.

"Anything for you, princess. let's go wake Jack up so we can get something to eat."

"Ok."

He grabs my hand and leads me back to my room. Jack is laying peacefully in my bed.

"Babe, wake up" I say rubbing Jack's arm.

He rolls over, but he just goes back to sleep.

"Alright, my turn!" Sam yells as he jumps onto the bed. He jumps up and down and bounces Jack right off of the bed.

"Ow" Jack says as his face is still pressed against the ground.

"Aw babe, are you ok?" I ask laughing.

Sam is laying on the bed laughing hysterically.

"I didn't think that would actually work" he says trying to catch his breath.

"Sam! That was so mean!" I say still laughing.

"Yeah Sam, that was so mean" Jack mumbles.

"Ok, I'm going to start the car. You guys better be down in five minutes" Sam says.

"Ok" I reply.

Sam runs down the stairs. Meanwhile, jack is still laying on the ground.

"Come on sleepy head, we have to go."