Chapter 53

I wake up to the sound of doors slamming. It sounds like car doors, and then house doors. I roll over and try to get comfortable so that I can fall back asleep. I roll to the other side and remember that I'm naked, so I grab the covers and pull them up so that they cover me. Just then, someone walks into the room. I figured it was Nate, so I just closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

"Princess?" Sam says moving closer to the bed.

"Shhhh..." I say thinking that it's some sort of dream.

Sam walks out of the room and then walks back in, dragging Nate behind him.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Sam whisper-yells to Nate.

"Why the fuck is she naked and sleeping in your bed?" He asks Nate, as he begins to raise his voice.

"Chill bro. It's not what it looks like."

Nate tells Sam what happened while I still lay sound asleep.

*Sam's POV*

"Do you know how bad this looks?!?!" I yell at Nate.

"Bro, chill. No one even saw us and it's not what it looks like" he replies.

"What if Jack had walked in, huh? What would you have done then? You know he wouldn't believe you. Hell, I don't even believe you."

"Whatever dude. You can believe what you want, but I know more about Alyssa than you do right now."

"This isn't some sort of competition, so why would I care?"

"Well she told me she was mad at you and Gilinsky. She told me a few other things that I bet you don't know about."

"Nate, why do you think I care?"

"Because they were mostly about you, dumb ass."

He's definitely lying. Alyssa would tell me if something's bothering her. She'd definitely tell me before Nate, unless it really was about me. Oh fuck.

"Whatever. I'm bringing Alyssa home. Where's her stuff?"

Nate hands me all of her things and I pull back the covers, shielding my eyes for a second. I don't even know why I'm shielding my eyes, it's not like it's something I haven't seen before. I take off my shirt, throw it on her, and then slip her underwear on her. I can't believe she didn't even flinch. She must really be hung over.

"Where's her phone?"

"She lost it last night."

"Oh god. You're lucky Jack hasn't come looking for her."

I leave Nate and bring Alyssa out to my car. I lay her down and hop in the front seat. Nate left in a cab to go get Alyssa's car and to look for her phone.

I get to Alyssa's and bring her into her room. I lay her down, walk out, and then call Jack.

"Hello?"

"Jack, hey, don't worry about Alyssa. She's with me and she's fine. She lost her phone last night, it's a long story. I'll let her explain later. Right now she's sleeping so I'll call you when she wakes up."

"Worried? What the hell did Nate and Cam do? I thought she was just ignoring me because she hung up on me after I called her."

"Oh, well thinks got a little out of hand" I say laughing.

"Ok, well thanks for looking out for her Sam. I'll call you later."