chapter 45

*2 weeks later*

*Alyssa's POV*

I've almost completely recovered from the accident.

Sammy was able to get his pressure boot taken off last week.

Today is officially my first day at West Side High, and I'm so scared.

The only thing getting me through this is knowing that Sam will be with me most of the time since we have almost all of the same classes.

I was able to catch up on all of the work that I missed.

I haven't seen Jack since the night he kissed me.

I'm sure I'll run into him eventually, but as long as Sam's with me, I don't really care.

"You ready?" Sam asks as he walks into my room.

"I guess" I reply smiling at him.

"Alright, let's get going then. Jess and Johnson are already at school."

"Ok."

He grabs my hand and my backpack as we head towards the door.

I jump into the passenger seat of my car, and Sam jumps into the driver's seat.

We pull up to the school within ten minutes.

Sam gets out of the car at the same time I do.

He grabs my hand as we walk into the building.

"You good?"

"Yeah, just a little nervous."

"Everything's going to be fine."

He pulls me into his chest and gives me a tight hug along with a kiss on the cheek.

"Better?"

"Yeah" I say smiling.

We meet up with Jess and Johnson at my locker.

"I'm so glad you're here!" Jess says hugging me.

"Wish I could say the same" I say jokingly.

I hug Johnson and then Sam grabs my hand and leads me to class.

The day drags on. Sam walks me to every class. I don't even remember what we did for lunch.

The next class I have is physics. It's the last class of the day. Unfortunately, Sam doesn't have this class, so I actually have to make friends.

I find a seat next to an empty desk in the very back of the room.

"Good afternoon class, my name is Mrs. Smith. Welcome to physics class!"

Blah, blah, blah. She talks for almost half of the class and her voice is so annoying.

"Oh shoot! I almost forgot to take attendance!" she says fumbling through papers.

All of a sudden the door swings open, and in walks Jack.

Great.

"So nice of you to join us Mr. Gilinsky. Where were you this time? Bathroom? Deans? Lunchroom? Nurse? What's your latest excuse?" she says sarcastically.

"Yo, chill out Mrs. Smith. I was at the nurse. My asthma was acting up again."

Asthma? There's no way Jack has asthma. Why has he been ditching this class?

"Just take your seat Mr. Gilinsky."

Oh fuck. Where's his seat? There's only 2 empty desks left in class, the one next to me and the one next to some strange kid that picks his nose. Oh god, please don't let him come back here.