"Faith? Where are you from?" I ask her and she turns her head to look at me.

"Umm Where I'm from? Like where I live?" She asks me and I nod my head. Her face clouds over slightly as she thinks. Has she forgotten?

"Well I Lived in Liverpool, let's just hope I still live there." Faith replies and I don't ask anything else I just keep walking. Even though by now it's getting darker every minute and the cold air is making my muscles tight and ridged. I keep going anyway because no walking means probably even less of a chance for food.

After walking for about an hour maybe two it's pitch black  and we can hardly see ahead of us. Still no sign of anything. Faith suddenly stops and I look over at her confused.

"Why did you stop?" I ask her and she just points in front of us. There in front of us is two roads one to the left and one to the right. Surprisingly this is the first fork in the road that we have come across. We can only go one way though. I know it seems like we could just pick one randomly and go that way but in reality for us it could mean life or death. 

Because one way could lead us to another seemingly endless road that we might end up dying of hunger or thirst or one way could lead us home. Or they could both just lead us to out death with judging by my luck recently is probably going to happen.

"Which way do we go now?" I ask Faith with a worried glance in her direction. She grabs my cold hand in hers and bites her lip in thought. She sighs and looks over at me with a sad look on her face.

"I don't think we will ever get home." She said her voice cracking slightly. I pull her into a hug and close my eyes. I don't want to lose her. I want to be optimistic but I can't see anyway out of this situation. You would hope that life would give you a break when you need it but it never does.

I open my eyes and look back down at the road we came from. A road that I never want to walk again but then I see lights in the distance. Not just any lights but the headlights of a car coming closer to us! Yes!

"Faith look a car! We can ask them for directions or even help!" I shout excitedly. She looks up from my arms to the direction where the car is coming from. Her face lights up as the car comes closer then she squints her eyes. The car might be able to see us now so I start jumping up and down waving my good arm in the air.

Suddenly Faith pushes me into a ditch at the side of the road forcefully. I land with a thump hurting my arm in the process. Faith runs over and hops in the ditch beside me with wide eyes. I look at her confused.

"Ow! What was that for! Come on we need to get that car to see us if we want to live!" I said slightly annoyed. I start to stand up but she pulls me back down into the ditch with is actually pretty deep for a ditch.

"Shh! Niall! That's not a car! It's a van, a very familiar van!" She whispers to me loudly. So? It's a van. The people could still help us. I'm about to reply when I put two and two together. Oh no! They are here! Let's hope they didn't see us.

I stay quiet waiting silently for them to go past. Faith grabs my hand in hers and I feel a small bit better knowing she is still by my side. The van gets closer but suddenly stops practically in front of us. Oh god no! The door opens and 3 big men get out of the van. Three horribly familiar men.

"I thought I saw sometin!" One of them shouts with his arms in the air.

"Well you didn't cause there ain't nothin here is there!" The other one replies angrily. I feel my heart beat faster. Please let them think there's nothing here!