Chapter 39- Big Dilemma

What? I was dazed and deep in thought that I didn't hear Natsu calling me from downstairs.

Shoot. Should I tell him? Why am I even considering this? Guilt crept under my skin and I couldn't describe why I was still thinking about it. I tried to think of reasons why I possibly wouldn't go and I couldn't think of anything other than the fact that I wouldn't be able to see Natsu for a while but once everything's settled, I'll be back really soon.

I slipped on my fluffy white night robe and wrapped my hair in a white towel.

Just as I opened the door I saw Natsu with his hands in the air ready to knock.

"Luce you didn't respond when I called you for dinner." Natsu bent his face down to kiss me on the forehead before closing the bathroom lights behind me and following me downstairs. His spiky salmon hair was extra ruffled after his shower and he was in a loose red t-shirt and pyjama pants.

"You're really quiet, what's wrong?" Natsu said behind me as we walked down the stairs.

"I- nothing. I'm just tired, that's all." I lied, hoping he'd believe me. I planned to tell him about the offer and that I wasn't going to take it but I knew that would be a lie too.

"I know Luce, you've gone through so much these few days." Natsu came up behind me as I sat against the kitchen island and wrapped his arms around mine. His body radiated warmth on my back and I leaned my head back against his shoulder, enjoying the feeling of him holding me.

"I promise I won't leave you ever again. From now on, we'll go through things together." His words struck me and I pulled away.

Did he know about the email? That I was considering taking the offer?

Natsu's face didn't show any hurt but he stared at me quizzically as I pretended to brush away some dust from my robe.

"Let's eat Natsu. Thanks for making dinner." I began eating, trying to act normal but I saw Natsu furrow his eyebrows in confusion in my peripheral vision as he sat beside me on the other side of the island.

We spent the rest of dinner thankfully, just talking about some company matters and I filled him in on some gossip, even though he never did care about it anyway. I don't think Natsu was suspicious of me anymore but I knew that I could never hide anything from him for long. I have to make a decision quickly before I change my mind.

I need to consult someone about this.

"Luce are you coming to bed?" I heard Natsu from the bedroom washroom as I quickly finished brushing my hair and walked over to the bed.

"I'm going to bed early Natsu. Good night hubby." I joked, sliding into the red sheets and turning to face away from him to lay on my side. He was sitting against the bed frame with his legs outstretched and was typing on his computer. I heard him stop typing and close his computer before he closed the lights.

"You too my love." Natsu lay right behind me and kissed my neck so gently, murmuring those words gently against my skin. I had closed my eyes to pretend to already be asleep but his kiss sent butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't resist but turn around to face his chiselled face.

"Say it again," I whispered as our noses were almost touching.

"What?" Natsu wasn't fully awake- at least I didn't think he was but he looked so good with his ruffled after-shower hair.

I rest my fingers against his cheek, holding his face tenderly as if I was holding treasure.

"What you just said," I murmured, just barely touching my lips on the tip of his nose.