Chapter 52- Our Cottage

It didn't take a genius to know what our chemistry was still there. By the end of our first date, since I got back to Magnolia, it was like I never left. We went to the same playground that we always went to and it was so easy to just talk about everything that happened in the past year. I joked with Natsu that he probably spoke with me more that night than he did the whole year I was in New York.

The end of the last day of my week-long break was fast approaching tonight. I would need to leave for New York early next morning.

"Luce, it's like I just got you back and you're already leaving." Natsu and I lay entangled in bed at noon in the Dragneel Mansion after a passionate night. Natsu convinced me to stay back at our old home because after all, I would be disturbing Erza and Jellal at theirs, plus, he said he didn't touch anything since I left and all my belongings were still there. I didn't take everything when I left for New York because there was just so much so I expected Natsu to get rid of my closet of shoes, clothes, and makeup that comprised of our main bedroom. I thought that if he were to be with that girl then she definitely wouldn't have liked my stuff there so I didn't bother with ridding them and just left them here.

I almost cried with joy when I realized that they were still here, that Natsu kept them good as new. He slept in one of the many guest rooms and left this bedroom as if he never gave up on us when I did.

"I'll be back before you even notice I'm gone." I had the red blanket covering my breasts and my arms were over them, holding them in place since I was too flustered. Even though we've done this before, this was our first time in a long time and quite frankly, my cheeks were beet red.

Natsu sat up against the headboard, adjusting me so I lay by his side. Natsu's chiseled tan chest was exposed while I had my entire body covered except for my arms that draped over the blanket, keeping it in place over my breasts.

"You sure this will work?" I started lazily up at his onyx eyes since I was tired all over and because it was so warm that I felt like falling asleep again.

Natsu's eyes were half-closed and he looked dangerously handsome with his rustled salmon hair and sharp features.

"We can make it work, don't worry Luce." My eyes were closed and I felt Natsu kiss me tenderly on my nose and finally placed a gentle kiss on my lips. The hunger from last night was still there and I shivered remembering it. Never knew make-up love was this good that I was debating if we should break up one more time so we could do this again.

We had an ambitious idea over the past week because obviously with our current roles in our respective companies, we couldn't just pass it over to someone else so Jellal suggested that we merge our two companies.

Coincidentally, Dragneel corporation is primarily responsible for building, approving, and creating blueprints of Magnolia's buildings while the New York Real Estate Corporation dealt with the selling of real estate. In reality, it encompassed way more than just the city of New York and within the past year, I had expanded it to become Magnolia's leading real-estate corporation. It was a perfect idea and not just in terms of Natsu and I becoming business partners but also, it would make both companies so much more influential.

"I'll get someone to draft the contract and send it to you once you get to New York. We can then discuss this with the executive boards and everything should be all set from there. Dragneel Corps is also in need of a new upgrade at headquarters so we can relocate." Natsu absentmindedly played with my hair in his fingers which rested at the small of my back.

"Magnolia is more metropolitan than New York so I think it would be better if we move over to where Dragneel's headquarters are. Besides, our building's a lot older than yours which is big enough to fit us anyways." I said, snuggling closer to Natsu's warmth and trailing my hands over his hard abs.