Chapter 48- Baby's Crib

When we got to Erza's house, Natsu still trailed behind me, claiming that he needed to speak to Jellal. What a lame excuse.

I knocked on the door but it just opened by itself to a pitch-black manor. Erza also lived in a mansion near downtown Magnolia except hers was filled with blue and red tiles and she had a lot of shrubberies around and within the garden in the front. She had gates at the front and we also surprisingly went through that so easily, did something happen here?

"Hello? Erza? Jellal?" I pushed the door open and slowly stepped into her manor. I felt Natsu close behind me which brought comfort but I think anyone would've had that same effect over me, it doesn't have to be him.

"Where are they? She knew I was coming?" I felt around for the light, tugging my suitcase behind me into the house.

"Hmm," was all Natsu said. He trailed behind me at a close distance, probably sensing my growing fear and worry.

'"This better not be a prank or I'm going to be so upset." I flicked on the light switch beside the door entrance's wall but nothing turned on. I've seen this scene so many times in the horror movies, what if I push Natsu in front of me if there's a murderer, I'd probably get out alive. I nearly grinned at that ridiculous idea, I knew that if there really was a murderer, I wouldn't even have time to push Natsu in front, I'd be sprinting out the door already.

I suddenly felt shivers running down my spine so I stopped dead in my tracks and didn't go any further. Natsu slowed to a stop behind me, so close so I could feel his breathing.

"Don't be afraid." He murmured leaning into my ear. Easy for him to say.

"Try being in front." I rolled my eyes at him but still didn't move. I wasn't ready to have my body chopped into pieces.

"Keep walking Luce, I'm here," Natsu whispered, hovering his hand over my waist and gently ushering me forward. Just this one time I'll tolerate him being this close to me.

"SURPRISE!!" I quite literally jumped back and bumped into Natsu's chest. His hands held my arms and steadied me. I had buried my head into his chest to block both the obtrusive loud sound and the suddenly blinding lights. Ugh, this was making my heart run a thousand miles an hour and my eyes hurt like crazy.

"You're finally home Lulu!" I heard Levy's voice and whipped my head to turn in the direction of her voice. Who in their right mind thought it was nice to practically surprise me by giving me a nightmare??

"Levy! Were you the one behind this?"

"It was Erza's idea, we just all agreed to it," Levy said embarrassed at causing such a strong reaction in me. I haven't felt this scared since forever.

"Might as well get remarried," Gajeel mumbled in the back of Jellal, Erza, Juvia, Gray, Lisanna, Bickslow, and Levy. He better not be talking about Natsu and I.

I suddenly realized that I was still in Natsu's arms, gripping his shirt and facing his chest because of my fear from earlier. He had his arms around mine but they were merely hovering, which I was grateful for.

I pulled away so fast and went to embrace Levy into a hug. This was going to be a long week.

Natsu appeared to ignore Gajeel because he didn't say anything but the weirdest part was that they were still friends? I thought the girls at least wouldn't associate themselves with him after our divorce because it would have been obvious that something happened between us. I never told them about Natsu's infidelity because it embarrassed me and I knew the divorce hurt the both of us, he didn't need to worry about angry coworkers. But he definitely deserves to have dealt with their anger. Still, it was weird that they didn't treat him with even a hint of despise.