Chapter 26- What Happened?

Lucy's POV

My head was pounding like crazy when I woke up. My eyes squinted to adjust in the bright room only to realize that it wasn't my hotel room.

I sat up and started to panic. I looked down at myself and realized that I didn't even have a bra on and was wearing a dress shirt.

"What have I done?" I muttered with shaky breaths. I was praying that I didn't do anything I'd regret and I didn't feel any pain in my legs so that's a good sign.

Suddenly, I felt bile rising up in my throat and I rushed to the washroom vomiting so much.

I felt a hand holding my hair up and Natsu's voice whispering soothing words to me?

"Natsu? What are you doing here?" I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before squinting my eyes at him. My head was still pounding and I thought I was seeing things.

"I ended the meeting early and rushed over here to see your walk. You were amazing." Natsu brushed his fingers against mine before leaving the washroom to put on his socks and get dressed.

"What happened last night?" I sat on the edge of the bed and held my head in my hand. It was pounding less now but I could still feel dry tears on my face. Last night's memories were vague but I did remember some parts of Sting and I's conversation before the rest of the night turned into a blur.

"I don't know. You were really upset when I got here and I couldn't and still can't figure out why." Natsu looked worried at me and had stopped getting dressed. He was leaning against the TV table in only his pants.

"I need to remember. I gotta sort my thoughts before I tell you." I said quietly feeling an aura of heaviness enter the atmosphere.

"I'll wait whenever you're ready." Natsu handed me my clothes from the night before as well as the outfit I was wearing to the fashion show. He must have gotten them dropped off here from my show.

"Thanks." I head to the washroom to take care of myself. I reeked of alcohol and my hair and heart were a mess.

When I got into the shower, I took a long time to compose my thoughts, what I would say and just overall, my emotions. I knew Natsu did nothing wrong and he didn't have a clue that Sting even spoke to me but I was still greatly hurt by what Sting said about Natsu.

When I got out of the shower, Natsu was already dressed and he was sitting on the chair that he slept on. I didn't even notice that he slept there because I was too busy rushing to the washroom and there was only one room in the room.

"Feel better?" Natsu was cautious to approach me but stood in front of me brushing his fingers on my elbow.

"A lot. Thanks for everything. I don't know what I did last night and I'd rather talk about it when we get home. Please." I was exhausted from my headache and I was too tired to have to explain everything and maybe get into an argument.

"Luce, I don't know what happened last night but I'm always here for you. I've always been and it hurts me to see you hurt."

"I know." I've never doubted our relationship and I still don't but there's a little bit of doubt that's creeping in the back of my head.

The ride to my hotel was mostly quiet as we went to pick up my clothes. Natsu respected my silence and he didn't say much except for holding my hand lightly in his. It was feather-like and really light but it still reminded me of his presence which was reassuring.

By the time we got back to our mansion, I could tell the day had taken a toll on both of us. It was only Sunday afternoon so we had a few hours to ourselves before we needed to go to bed for work tomorrow.

"Natsu can I talk to you?" Natsu put down the knife in his hand from chopping tomatoes and wiped his hands off coming over to my side at the couch.

"I'm listening to whatever you want to tell me."

I started from the beginning.

"Sting was modelling at the show and during the afterparty, he said some things that made me upset." I stopped there to look at Natsu who's knuckles were in fists and turning white.

"Luce please keep going." Natsu took a deep breath but I could still see the fury in his eyes.

" I know you've never done anything but love me."

Natsu's eyes softened at my words and rest one of his hands on my knee drawing circles on it.

I didn't know how to tell him the next part without offending him. I spent the whole afternoon thinking about it but still no words could come to my lips.

"I've never doubted us." Natsu brought me into his lap and rest his face in between my neck. I was straddling him and I was holding him so tightly as if it was the first time.

"Natsu there's more." Natsu stopped feathering light kisses on my neck to watch me.

"If I didn't come to Fairy Tail would you have gone out with the first girl that tried to heal you?" I was treading on eggshells but I wanted to know if what Sting said was true. I didn't want to believe that Natsu would've just gone out with any girl that tried to help him at the time because it was his most vulnerable time and quite frankly, no one had tried before so I was the first. It seemed almost petty when it came out of my mouth but it was too late now.

Natsu's eyes hardened at my words and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and anger.

"Your place in my heart is special and so are my feelings towards you. I don't believe I would ever love anyone as much as I do you." Natsu's voice was slightly angry and I knew he may have been offended with it but he wanted to know so that's what I would tell him.

His hands squeezed my waist lightly as he stared intensely into my eyes. His onyx eyes were mesmerizing and it felt like I was getting lost in them.

I didn't know how to reply to him so I just rest my cheek against his and enjoyed the feeling of him holding me. It's astonishing how far he's come from Fairy Tail. At the time, I was the one who did most of the talking and now it was Natsu who was doing the comforting.

But I still had a few more questions so I only hoped Natsu would stick around for all of them and this wouldn't make him doubt my love for him.

"Natsu, you know you can always tell me the truth, right? Even if you think I wouldn't agree with it, I want to hear your real opinions." I murmured, our noses were practically touching as we stared into each other's eyes.