Chapter 41- Goodbye

The food splattered all over the floor as I stood there with my mouth wide open. I was astounded and so, so hurt. My hands balled into fists at my side and if stares could kill, I was practically shooting daggers. I couldn't believe this. Out of everyone, he was the last person I would expect to do this to me.

Betrayal ran deep into my heart and it took all my energy to stay standing when my body wanted to collapse onto the ground.

No Lucy, you're stronger than this.

"What the hell is going on here!" I folded my arms over my chest and tried to keep a steady strong voice.

"Luce? W-what happened?" I saw Natsu sitting in his desk chair from behind this random girl who was almost straddling him. I wanted to yank her out of his lap and show her the consequences of messing with me but Natsu was just as much at fault. How dare he play the victim!

"You're Natsu's wife right? He told me about how you're always so worried, all that worry will ruin your skin." Her voice reminded me of a sly snake and I wanted to slap that fake concern off her face.

"Get out of my building!" She had gotten off Natsu now and quickly slipped past me. I glanced over to Natsu who had his head in both hands on the desk. He couldn't even face me.

Once I heard the door click behind me, I walked with increasing anger to stand in front of Natsu's desk. So many years of relationship to end just like this. I'm so confused about why this would happen, was it all the work that drove us apart? When did it start to go wrong? The worst part was that I didn't have any answers and that's what scared me.

"You better have a hell of an explanation Natsu." I sat in his chair and tilt my chain to him. I'd never seen his so not put together that I almost felt sorry for him but the thought of that woman tangled in his arms and kissing his lips drove all that empathy away. He promised he would only ever kiss me.

"It's not what it looks like." Natsu replied, finally lifting his head to look at me. His eyes bore a cloud of confusion and I could barely see the confident Natsu that I was used to seeing in front of me.

"That's it. That's all you have to say for yourself after you just threw our entire marriage away? And for what?? Were all my worries too much for you to handle?" I lashed out angrily at him. How dare he have the nerve to make excuses, the proof was right in front of my eyes.

"You don't understand how I feel Lucy, what I saw." Natsu raised his voice slightly at me which took me by surprise. Lucy, you are in charge here, focus.

"Oh so now we're back to Lucy?" I retorted while raising an eyebrow. My head was a jumble of thoughts and I needed to tell him how I feel. I didn't know what to think but I was going to get to the bottom of this.

"Forget it. I don't need your excuses, your actions said everything. I can't believe you Natsu. I expected better from you, more from you, maybe I expected too much. You made a promise on the alter to me but you've broken it now. You've never changed from Fairy Tail. You're still that broken boy I fell in love with, you haven't changed for the better. I loved you more than anyone in this world. I GAVE you my everything and this is what I get in return??"

"You still don't trust me." Natsu's voice came up in a whisper as I saw him with one hand on his forehead.

"I can't take this anymore, I'm leaving this place for good tomorrow morning and from this point forward, you're Natsu Dragneel and I'm Lucy Heartfilia. Forget this relationship ever happened and I hope you get what you want because I obviously wasn't enough for you." I bit back a sob as I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. My body was trembling as I stood up and turned my back to Natsu. This couldn't be happening. My brain tried to imagine that I was in a dream and that I could pinch myself back to reality.