Chapter 33- I Missed You

Quickly I shoved Natsu away from me and closed the magazine tab on my computer.

"Come in!" Natsu had moved to be standing up further away from my desk.

"Luc- I didn't mean to disturb. I-I just wanted to drop off these files that I've completed." It was one of those girls from the office who was ogling Natsu earlier.

"Thank you." I took them from her and watched her sneak glances at Natsu who was looking at my bookshelf with his hands in his pocket.

"Anything else?" I raised an eyebrow at this girl who was blushing so much and barely able to contain it.

"N-no. Bye Ms. Heartfilia and Mr. Dragneel." I nodded my head at her and Natsu just glanced her way.

"Natsu stop being so intimidating all the time." I scolded him before dropping off her work in my file holder on my table.

"Luce your reaction was hilarious. It was like you wanted me to hide under the desk or something." This was true since I gave him the eye to hide and I gestured under the table since there was nowhere else.

"In 24 hours the world is going to know you're my wife, she can create all the rumours she wants." Natsu pulled me up to kiss me passionately. His warm large hands were holding my neck gently as he sucked and tugged on my lips. My legs felt like jelly and I had practically collapsed into his arms.

"I'll see you after work." Natsu murmured against my neck kissing my collarbone before pulling away to put on his tie.

"Here let me." I took the tie from his hands and did it up for him, running my fingers through his silky salmon locks to smooth it out since I was tugging on them when we were kissing.

"See you handsome." I practically shoved him out before closing my door to touch my swollen lips and catch my breath. I always acted like it was our first time kissing but he always managed to create butterflies in my stomach.

The rest of the day past by in a blur between work, work and more work. Occasionally I had a coffee break and luckily, I recently purchased a do not disturb sign that worked wonders. Natsu didn't even need one since his aura alone was enough to make people shy away from him.

By the time work ended and we entered the parking lot together, it was 6 and everyone had long left.

"Do you wanna work on the script together? It has to sound like something that you would say though." I sat in Natsu's car running my hands over my arms since goosebumps were beginning to appear.

"You're saying something as well." Natsu stated firmly while reaching to open the heaters. I gave him a surprised face. I thought Natsu was the only one talking.

"I thought you were the only person talking?"

"No man ever succeeded without a supportive woman by his side. You deserve the recognition." Natsu held my hand with one hand still on the steering wheel glancing over to my side. He looked so handsome and his words made my heart flutter.

I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek and ran my hands over his course knuckles.

"Thanks Natsu. So we can brainstorm something now and I'll jot it into my phone notepad."

We spent the next 10 minutes until we entered our driveway creating a script which mostly consisted of thanking our employees and some visions we had for the future.

At the very end, Natsu was going to announce that we were married and he insisted that he wouldn't need a script. Hopefully, we won't cause too much of a commotion. The Banquet was laid out with a huge stage where the awards are given and accepted with suede seats lining the floor. Although it was mostly people who were invited by invitation, there was still going to be press there for the handing of awards and after they would leave.

"This is our last night as a hidden couple." I mused entering the house with Natsu trailing behind me.

"Thankfully." Natsu took off my jacket and hung it onto our coat hanger.

"Tomorrow is going to be hectic." I had a headache just thinking about how meticulous the dressing up will be. Gotta make sure there's no fashion slipups and all of us girls will be hanging out at our house since it was closest to The Banquet.

"Gotta watch the boys again and make sure they don't go burning things down." Natsu joked heading over to the kitchen to make dinner while I sprinted upstairs to get changed.

It was quite warm in our house so I changed into my silk dress pyjamas and skipped back downstairs. There was a silent ball of nervousness growing in my stomach but I was determined to suppress it because I still had a full day ahead of me.

"Let's go for a walk after dinner." Natsu suggested taking out the pasta from the cupboard and boiling it. I grabbed the pasta sauce and the frozen meatballs from the fridge as we made dinner quickly.

"Sure, it'll take my mind off of things."

By the time we finished dinner, the sun was coincidentally just setting so I grabbed a long jacket and kept my pyjamas underneath. There was a cute park nearby with a lot of neighbourhood kids and they were always so friendly. Plus they didn't pay attention to Natsu and I much, we always just said that we were boyfriend and girlfriend since they thought we were too young to be married.

"Lucy! You came!" Right when we came into view from the little playground, one of the little girls ran up to me to give me a hug. She refused to tell me her name but her mom said her name was Olivia.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you in a long time, I was busy at work." I ruffled her hair and picked her up spinning her.

"My you've gotten heavier." I joked making her giggle and Natsu ruffled her hair after I put her on the ground.

"N-Natsu you haven't visited either. You are not off the hook either." Olivia stammered out, she was so adorable and I loved watching her grow. We first met her a few months ago and the happy 5-year-old was more than happy to bombard us with questions. She made it a custom for Natsu to carry her on his shoulders since her dad was always working during the day and couldn't go to the playground with her.

"Sorry Olivia, how about an extra-long ride today?" Natsu offered which made her beam a huge smile. She looked over to her mom who was watching her little brother on the slide. After her mom gave a nod, Natsu picked her up and placed her on his shoulders.

It was adorable actually, to see how happy Natsu made her and to watch Natsu become so open with kids. If it was during Fairy Tail, Natsu probably wouldn't even talk to her nevermind be laughing so much around kids.

"Be careful!" I helped her be balanced on Natsu as she resorted to grabbing Natsu's hair rather than my hands.

"Fly!" Olivia instructed as Natsu spun around and jogged lightly around the playground. Her laughter could be heard all over the playground to which her mother and I shared a smile.

After 10 minutes of playing airplane, Olivia needed to go so we waved goodbye and went to sit on one of the park benches located around the park's edge.

"Whew, no amount of exercising prepares you for an energetic 5-year-old." Natsu ran his hands through his hair and I laughed at the sweat that dripped off his face.

"She's adorable, I wish she would be able to create these memories with her father." I thought of my own dad who I haven't seen in a long time. Even though he no longer blames me for my mother's death, years of distancing from one another haven't exactly made us best friends.

"Yeah." There was silence between us and I glanced over at Natsu so looked lost in thought. He also lost both his parents to an assassination so no doubt we both missed our parents.

"Natsu Igneel would have been proud of you." I leaned my head on his shoulder and he rests his head on mine.

"I know. Thank you Lucy for being a part of my life." Natsu kissed me gently on the lips and we spent the rest of the evening watching the sunset and eventually taking another walk around the park after dark.

"One day we will have a family and we'll be able to make up all the memories we lost with our parents with our children."