Chapter 15- Mine

The next day, when I entered headquarters, Levy and Juvia were already on my back, scolding me about making them so worried.

"I'm really sorry guys." I apologized while scanning the office for Erza or Jellal.

"Lucy there you are. I was afraid you weren't coming to work today." Erza came out of her office and had her hands on her hips. Remind me never to get on her bad side.

"I wouldn't skip work over Sting."

"By the way, Natsu and I wanted to thank you and Jellal for what you did yesterday." I whispered the last part quiet enough so that only the 4 us could hear.

"No problem. That's what friends are for."

"Speaking of which, we're having a celebratory party this Friday about getting invited to The Banquet and for the great work you guys did outside of Magnolia."

"Awww that's so sweet." They all chimed in.

"Spread the word to everyone ok?" I said before entering my office. Just as I was leaving into my office, I felt the entire headquarter go silent. It was if everyone had stopped moving and breathing altogether.

"What the-" I saw Natsu striding in with a dangerous aura around him. He nodded at me before entering his office. He looked stunning in his expensive dark black suit and it was only until he went into his office that people started talking again.

I went into my office and opened my computer to my email and the latest news.

"Possible feud between Dragneel Corps and Bumblebee Jewelry?

Sting Eucliffe, a top executive at Bumblebee Jewelry exit Dragneel Corps' building yesterday with signs of being beaten up. Both parties have not issued a statement yet."

I saw this post by Daily Gossip and I let out a loud gasp.

When I refreshed the page, the link was no longer available. What even?

I buzzed Natsu from the office phone on my desk and he picked up after a few rings.

"Natsu Dragneel speaking."

"Natsu did you see the post by Daily Gossip? It got deleted 5 minutes after being posted. Do you know about this?"

"I told you you didn't need to worry about the media didn't I?" I could almost see Natsu's smirk in his office so I only rolled my eyes, knowing he wouldn't see me.

"I don't know what you did but it better have been legal methods." I warned him as he chuckled on the other end.

"Luce, I only do legal things. I called their headquarters and asked that the post be removed." He stated matter of fact. Fat lie.

"I bet you asked really nicely too." I remarked sarcastically.

"Don't even think about this. I've got your back wifey." Natsu assured over the phone and a small blush appeared on my cheeks with the nickname.

"Thanks, Natsu." I put the phone down slowly and could only hope that not too many people saw it.

I think I'm going to walk around and chat with everyone and see if they have any problems that I could help to solve. I had some free time now since I had already checked out designs and management ideas for some new buildings that we're constructing in downtown Magnolia.

I actually quite enjoyed this task because I do visit all the 32 floors of the building that manage different sectors of Dragneel Corps. The headquarters are at the very top so I work my way down. Natsu did this with me at the beginning but we figured only one of us was really needed but I tried to meet everyone who worked with us to better build that sense of family.