Chapter 29-Preparation

Lucy's POV

It was Thursday and the girls and I were going dress shopping. There was this really nice street downtown that was filled with cute boutiques. But, I had my eye on Clara's Boutique. I had purchased a dress a while ago for a company outing with Natsu and I had such a hard time choosing between all their options so I figured this would be the perfect place for choosing our Banquet dresses.

"Do all of us need dresses?" Erza half-yelled over the noises of car horns and traffic. We were walking along the sidewalk in pairs since there were so many of us. We got off work early today because we finished all the paperwork and Thursdays were the most chill days in the week.

"Quit yelling Erza!" Lisanna nudged her in front of Levy and I and I saw Erza stare down some passerby when they looked our way. It was sunny but not too hot or cold since it was Autumn but my hands were slightly clammy in my pocket. I was wearing a beige trench coat with white jeans and cute black boots.

Lisanna's baby bump was hardly visible so I think she would still be able to wear a dress that was the same size. I loved shopping altogether because it's so fun to give our opinions and support one another especially when we uplift one another.

"Any stores in mind? So we don't end up shopping until tomorrow morning?" Erza gestured to all the stores along the street but it only took me a second to see the one I wanted.

"Clara's Boutique! It has the most amazing dresses! I got a jade-coloured short slightly frilled dress before and the fabric was breathy and easy to clean." I guided everyone to cross the light and enter this huge beige coloured building. The glass doors were nice to the touch and I could see that there weren't too many people right now since technically people hadn't ended work yet.

"Wow! There's so much to choose from!" Juvia and Levy were practically jumping up and everywhere in awe of all the assortments. I must admit I think there's even more than last time.

"How can we help you?" Three ladies came up to us probably noticing that we were a large group but once they saw us they started to blush and fangirl. I feel so honoured.

"Oh my god! We're so happy to meet you! You guys are so well known!" The girl with Liv written on her nametag was cute. I gave her a warm smile while Levy shot them a wink. It's not every day that people approach us and I certainly didn't think we were well known at all.

"It's our pleasure to meet you. We hope you'll be able to help us find a dress for an important meeting." Lisanna quipped and I saw their excitement rise in their eyes. I can't wait to see what everyone's gonna end up buying.

By now I noticed that we got a lot more looks in our direction from other customers and workers but as long as we get what we came for, I think I'll be able to handle it.

"Wait guys, are you all going to be matching with your hubbies?" Levy pulled us into a group whispering once we got to the second floor out of the elevator.

It was nice of her to whisper at my expense since the rest of the world knew they were married.

"Yeah." There was a chorus of agreements so I think I'll choose a red-themed dress since Natsu was going to wear a black and red suit and I didn't have many red dresses anyways.

"Let's go two at a time so we can all enjoy the experience of choosing one for each other."

We all split up with a worker and they showed us around helping us choose out some dresses that we each liked to try. By the time we winded back to the fitting rooms, each of us was holding quite a few dresses . I had chosen a really dark red dress with a deep v line that hugged my body but I don't know if it'll be formal enough....Luckily I still had a lot of other choices such as this really cute pink floral one.

"I can't wait to see everyone's choices. We gotta make sure everyone looks on fleek!" Juvia was holding a lot of blue dresses, it was as if she wanted to drown us in blue.

"Do all the guys even have their suits yet?"

"I sure hope so, hopefully for once those men can have their outfits ready beforehand." Juvia rolled her eyes at me as she ushered us to sit down on the couches outside the fitting rooms.

We hung our dresses out on a dress rack cause they were heavy and my hands were becoming clammy from holding them for so long.

It was like someone smeared rainbow paint over the dresses because there was a wide assortment of colours. I could already tell this was going to take a long time but if it takes long enough, we can always call our men to come to pick us up so we can avoid the traffic during rush hour.

"Who's going first?" Lisanna asked.

The workers looked overwhelmed with how much dresses we had collectively chosen and I made a mental note to pay extra in tips since they were pretty helpful in helping us navigate around this huge store.

"I'll go so I can get this over with!" Erza practically jumped out of her seat and quickly grabbed one of the dresses she chose into the change room.

Lisanna said she was feeling a little tired so she also went to get changed. I felt guilty for forgetting that she was pregnant and probably tired from all the walking we did this afternoon in the store.

"I'm coming out!" Erza came out first to excited eyes as everyone stared at her dress in shock. It was the most beautiful dress that she's ever worn and she's worn a lot of nice dresses. It was really dark red that made her red hair stand out even more. It was a high neck lined dress that hugged her body perfectly and loosened near the bottom. There was lace at the top and it really accentuated her broad shoulders.

"How do I look?" Erza was blushing herself since so many of us were staring at her gaping and since there were so many of us, some people in the store were looking our way at Erza as well.

"You look like you could make Jellal fall on his knees when he sees you." Levy remarked making Erza blush even brighter.

"I like this one. I'll stick with this one then, judging by all your dumbstruck expressions." Erza quickly turned and began to head back into the change room when someone called her name.