Chapter 27- The Truth Comes Out

"I only tell you the truth. Luce, please tell me what happened last night." Natsu rubbed a hand soothingly on my neck since I had leaned on his chest and had my head on one of his shoulders. We were still straddling each other but none of us made any attempt to move.

I decided not to ask Natsu anything else because it wouldn't get anywhere and maybe I was just overthinking Sting's words again. After all, its always Natsu's words over Sting. Sting probably just caught me when I was lonely so it caused all those thoughts to stem in my head.

"Don't overreact until I finish." I lifted my head from Natsu's shoulder to look at him. He raised an eyebrow at me but nodded.

"Sting was there, he was a model too. Before you came to the afterparty, he said some things that upset me, which probably explains why I was drunk." I relaxed my shoulders at releasing the tension but I kept my arms around Natsu's neck.

"Did he say things about me that made you upset?" So far Natsu hasn't exploded in anger yet but his voice had a hard edge to it. It dawned on me that Natsu may have missed Sting in the walk, cause he was also on the runway.

"Natsu, I'm alright now. I'm never going to trust a word he says again." I didn't want to set Natsu off so I tried dodging the topic but, Natsu was persistent.

"Luce, if we want to solve the problem we have to start at the root." Natsu murmured bringing my face close to his. Natsu's thumb brushed my cheek lightly then traced the outline of my lips as I shivered involuntarily.

"He said you never wanted children and you were ashamed of having me as a wife that's why you agreed to keep our marriage a secret." I whispered so quietly as my voice faded away. Just saying those sentences had dampened my mood and I was really tired now. I rolled off Natsu to sit beside him, legs over his lap.

"And you believed him?" A flash of pain flickered across his face and I immediately felt regret. This is why I didn't want to tell him.

"Initially I did but I've decided that it doesn't matter if I-I'll never be a mother. Or if you don't want other people to know about us. You've done more than enough for me, for us." My eyes were starting to water as I uttered those words. I've always wanted to share children with Natsu but I think I can learn to make some sacrifices. Its come to my realization that the real reason Stings words affected me the way they did was because I secretly didn't think I was worthy enough of Natsu. Compared to him, I wasn't born in a rich or high-status family and it would be a lie to say that if it wasn't for Natsu, I wouldn't have even gotten the chance as a new University graduate to enter Dragneel and become COO.

"It hurts that you would believe what he said over my words. I would never make you sacrifice being a mother and its absolutely false anyways. I do want to be a father just not now. I can reveal our marriage any day, it doesn't matter to me if other people know today or in a week. I could give no damn about what other people think. I only care about what you think, about us, about me and about you. Nothing I ever do will be enough to show you how important you are to me. Don't doubt your spot in my heart, you're more than I ever deserved."

What Natsu said brought tears to my eyes, I've made a habit of crying a lot these days. I had no words so I just held Natsu's hand in mine. My fingers were cold and they fit nicely in Natsu's warm fingers.

We didn't share any words and simply leaned on one another for the next 30 minutes. I was exhausted physically and mentally and my eyes hurt from crying.

I rest my head on Natsu's shoulder as he wrapped a warm arm around me. I felt extremely guilty for doubting him and I only hoped we would both come out of this stronger. It also didn't help that I could still feel the aftermath of my hungover in the back of my head, it was causing a foggy cloud to hang in my brain.