Chapter 14- Sorry

I quickly exit the office and building while successfully avoiding everyone. I knew I looked like a mess and the last thing I wanted was to break down in front of someone. Levy, Juvia, Erza and Lisanna would be going home by themselves today so I jumped in my car and sped away.

I didn't know what I was feeling right now, part of me was angry at Natsu and Sting and part of me was just feeling tired. I was tired of trying so hard to protect the things I loved from others and the thought of losing everything I worked for was too painful. I knew that Natsu and I arguing was probably exactly what Sting wanted but I know I would forgive Natsu, I already have. I just needed some time to compose myself before speaking with Natsu again.

When I got home, I didn't have any appetite for lunch so I just tossed everything on the couch and went to take a long bath. I stripped out of my clothing and let the burning water enclose my body.

I lay there until the water turned cold before draining the water and grabbing an oversized sweater and black tights.

My body was exhausted from crying so everything I did, I did two times slower. When I glanced at the clock it was only 3 o clock and Natsu would be back in 2 hours.

I poured myself a cup of warm water and went into our garden. I put my mug down on the ground before sitting on the bench under the large willow tree that was situated further back in the yard. It was created for 2 people, Natsu built it when I moved in because not far from here there was a pond with goldfish and we used to sit out here for hours and talk while feeding the fish.

I peeled off the crust of a piece of bread I ate and ripped it to pieces for the fish. I remembered our Fairy Tail days when I just met Natsu, how we kept our relationship a secret and how simple life was back then. All the memories from then to now flashed in my head as I closed my eyes and watched each one unfold before me. The wind created shivers up my arms but my body felt numb and at a loss of feeling.

It wasn't until I felt someone else sit at the other end of the bench that I came back to reality.

"What time is it?" I asked quietly not looking at Natsu.

"4:30 pm."

"You're early."

"Yeah." I could feel Natsu put his feet up on the bench as I did the same to warm my feet. I wrapped my hands around my legs and hugged them to my chest.

"Do you have any bread?" I handed him some of the bread that hadn't been ripped apart yet.

We sat there in silence for a long time before I got up due to the cold.

"Luce, can we talk here?" Natsu didn't look at me and had his back to me feeding the fish.

"Natsu I'm cold."

"I brought you a jacket." It was on the bench beside him so I grabbed it and put it on. It was a large black puffy jacket that basically went all the way to my ankles so I was relatively warm now.

"You're not wearing much yourself." Natsu hadn't changed from work yet and he was still in his suit.

"I don't get cold remember." We still hadn't looked at one another as I sat back into my spot.

"What do you want to talk about?" The sun was setting and it reflected beautifully off the pond. It's golden colours matching our fish.

"I wanna tell you a story."

I didn't say anything because this was a first. We sat in silence before Natsu spoke again, his voice really low now.

"There once was a boy who loved a girl so much that he did everything to protect her but in the midst of this, he forgot about how she felt. It was only until she got hurt that he realized it was because of him. Everything he had done to prevent her from getting hurt only resulted in pain that was inflicted because of him."