Carlos Story part 45

"Thanks for giving me a chance" he says as he leans back.

"Don't thank me" you smile.

You see someone standing at the back door, you look over Kendall's shoulder and see Carlos standing there with roses in his hand. You stand up and look at Kendall. Kendall and Carlos were staring at each other.

"I see you're better" Carlos says walking towards you and Kendall.

"yeah..." you whisper.

"Kendall you mind if I talk to your girlfriend in private" Carlos says.

"Um, no not at all." Kendall kisses your cheek and leaves.

"What are you doing here?" you ask walking backwards as he got closer to you.

"I came to give you these." He hands you the flowers.

"Thanks" you say as you take them.

"You're dating Kendall now" he puts his hands in his front pockets and stares at you.

"Yeah "

"That's cool"

You looked at Carlos, he had a sad look on his face, though he was acting indifferent.

"So what's your girlfriends name" you ask.

"What girlfriend?" He seemed confused.

"Before my accident, remember the day we saw each other at the restaurant..."

"Yeah."

"Well, when I was on my way home I saw you kissing a girl. Of course she's your girlfriend unless you were kissing some random girl."

"As a matter of fact yeah, I was kissing her and no she's not my girlfriend - "

"So you just randomly go out there and start kissing girls." You interrupt him.

"anymore" is all he says.

"What?" you raise one eyebrow.

"She's not my girlfriend any more" he repeats.

"Why did you leave her?"

"Because I want to be with you, but I see you're with someone."

"Carlos, I'm sorry to tell you this, but this time it was your fault, you were the one who told me that we should take a break, some time off. I saw that you took advantage of your time away from me, I was in the hospital the whole time. And you know, the whole time I was in there, the only person I was extremely happy to see was you. You made me happy when you visited me, made me think you still felt something for me"

"That's because I do, if I didn't I wouldn't have gone to see you."

You stayed quiet, he had a good point, if he didn't care about you he would have never shown up at the hospital. You sigh and look down.

"I just want someone that will be with me all the time Carlos."

" And I'm not that guy?" he asked.

"I never said you weren't I just - "

"Was I not there all the time when we were dating? I was always by your side, showing you how much you meant to me, how much I enjoyed your company. I took advantage of that (YN)"

"What do you mean I took advantage of that?!"

"You saw that I was always there for you, so you thought that when you kissed Kendall I was just going to forget you... that's why you asked me what you could do to ever hurt me, I guess saying nothing was the wrong answer."

You stared at him with a blank look on your face.

"Carlos? Are you kidding me, you still don't believe me. I never wanted any of this to happen ok, the only person I wanted when you decided to leave me was you, I always wanted you"

"And that's why you kissed Kendall right? my best friend?"

"I didn't mean to, it just happened. I don't know how else to explain it."

"You don't have too."

You stay quiet, you look down at the grass not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"(YN)" he whispers.

You look up at him without saying anything.

"Can I ask you something"

You nod.

"Do... do you still have feelings for me?" he asked stepping closer to you.

Instead of stepping back like you did before you stayed in place.

"Why are you asking me that."

"Just to know if I have, or ever will have a chance with you again, to know if I should try and win you back."

"Carlos I - "

"I just want a yes or no (YN) answer me... do you still have feelings for me?" he asks again.